Help PLS!!
02-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Help PLS!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok this maybe a daft question as im not too technical minded but ....

On a recent drift day (2 weeks ago) , on my last run , I got large plumes of smoke comming out of my exhaust.

Now I wasnt actually 'mid-drift' when it happened but was steering and travelling anti clockwise resonably quickly.

On pulling back into pit area and opening the bonnet I found oil running out of my air filter (HKS Direct Drive Kit).

The engine is a mosly standard 4age - only air filter upgraded.

After driving the car out of the site (after allowing engine to cool for an hour or so) the smoke cleared and has been fine since - Over 200 miles travelled since it happened - its my daily drive so I have to use it to and from work daily!

Everything seems ok apart from engine 'Hunting' on idle.

Have any of you experianced any of these things before?
and....
Any ideas what may have caused this and/or ways to prevent it happening again in the future?

Many thanks in advance

****** DDDrrrriiiifffttttyyyy !!!! *******
Find all posts by this user
02-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Help PLS!!
oil catch can will help for the future.

To let it run smooth again you have to clean your intake/TVIS from the inside.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Help PLS!!]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
02-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Help PLS!!
yes the centripetal force caried oil from the cylinder head through that oil-drain hose to the intake manifold and forward.. happened to me to while going crazy on the roundabout Big Grin. Im pretty sure it happened to many folks here. Oil catch can to solve the problem, as DJexor suggested.
02-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Help PLS!!
heey can it be that my fuel consuming has raised because of this problem? I havent got a oil catch can and i think there will be some oil in my intake too because of rough cornering.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Help PLS!!]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Help PLS!!
Swap cam covers. No need to have oil catch can!

Been running with swapped cam covers for over 3 years now.

Best regards

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP PLS! olla_86 15 11,279 04-17-2007 02:06 AM
Last Post: olla_86
  Help needed pls before POS Hatchi is sent to the USSR. Yonzie 11 9,304 11-16-2005 11:53 PM
Last Post: dAYTONA