Hello from Scotland!
05-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Hello from Scotland!
Just wanted to quickly say hello, as I will soon be becoming an AE86 owner, I've just bought this:

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/ghost-da...600-a.html

I've also added a few bits onto it to make the suspension more adjustable (adjustable 4 links + panhard rod, RCAs, over angle inner tie rods, tension rods, Cusco ARBs and all new TRD bushes), as I figured it was worth spending a bit of cash getting the right bits done now rather than spending even more importing them later on (not to mention getting them fitted, I've got two ham fists when it comes to mechanical stuff!). Plan for the car is a road-legal dedicated drift car that I hope to compete in the amateur class of the Eurodrift competition later this year and next year - going to do absolutely nothing to it at first except get used to it and enjoy it, then if I've sorted my life out and got a decent job, start doing tasty things to it like gut the interior and add a full on welded cage, more power (I heart ITBs Evil ) and maybe some tasty dished rims and some more agressive body styling.

Anyway, its a big step up from my E30 (which is for sale by the way Smile ), I'm basically going to be inconsolable until it lands from Japan. Hopefully a Sierra with a welded diff wil help me keep my eye in until then (I am currently absolutely shit, though I did fluke a 7th at the 2nd round of Eurodrift), haha...

Anyway, been reading the forum for a few weeks now and you all seem like a nice friendly lot, so I look forward to terrorising you soon with daft questions about incredibly simple stuff Thumbs up! (like I said, I'm a mechanical retard).

Actually, question number one (already!) - does anyone know if that rear bar on the roll cage would be suitable/safe as a harness bar, or am I better off using eye bolts in the standard mounts? Or even locating them elsewhere and using welded/bolted in reinforcement plates.
Find all posts by this user
05-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Hello from Scotland!
git who are you Big GrinBig Grin

i am the Big Yin from driftworks
with the purple Trueno

I was looking at that about 40 minutes ago as well Smile

i am fay falkirk

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hello from Scotland!]

DRIFTING is pushin a car against its intended design, then playing with the LAWS OF PHYSICS
05-25-2007, 01:34 AM
Hello from Scotland!
Met you before at Crail Andy, I'm Dave, I have that black/blue E30 and I also had that abortion of an E36 320i at Tramp Drift last year...
05-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Hello from Scotland!
Two Sheds Wrote:Met you before at Crail Andy, I'm Dave, I have that black/blue E30 and I also had that abortion of an E36 320i at Tramp Drift last year...

it wasnt that much of an abortion..... well maybe Huh Tongue

that car just looks cool i was thinking if i didnt have mine i would of been buying it Big Grin

if you have MSN i sent you my addy so add me on if you want Smile

DRIFTING is pushin a car against its intended design, then playing with the LAWS OF PHYSICS
05-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Hello from Scotland!
Thats a nice looking car! Welcome and good luck with her Wave

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Hello from Scotland!
Welcome mate!

That looks like a serious machine you gotten yourself there. Not a bad price for it as well.

Hope you have many years of happy motoring with it, looking forward to seeing pictures when she's in the UKSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
05-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Hello from Scotland!
That's a very nice hachi! Thumbs up!
I like the humor of the "double vvt-i" on the belt-cover. Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain