Hatch... General Q's... Whatever
03-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Okay... everybody in the Netherlands wants to get their hands on a Corolla GTS Hatch. (or the original Trueno GT Apex Japanese car, whatever… just the hatch instead of the coupé)

I just wonder what happens if you need to replace your front window due to stone damage (gets cracked to bad to get trough the vehicle test we have to take every year called APK ).
Or you need to replace something else consearning bodyparts.

The rear fenders must differ from the coupe. But the front ones should be the same. At least they look the same in my eyes.

If there are Hatches in the Netherlands: If one of the forumists has some info on that (the availability on parts in general). It would be much appreciated. I also saw a picture of a hatch on the forum somewhere with Dutch licence plates. Can’t seem to find it anymore. Photoshop or one really lucky bastard.

The looks of the car are getting to me now. I still need to drive one to know for sure… Who told me I could drive with in a weekend to see if the Corolla is the car for me in both looks and drivability?

Justice to All
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Quote:I just wonder what happens if you need to replace your front window due to stone damage (gets cracked to bad to get trough the vehicle test we have to take every year called APK ).
Or you need to replace something else consearning bodyparts.

The rear fenders must differ from the coupe. But the front ones should be the same. At least they look the same in my eyes.

Brand new front window + labor=75 EU (non-original window)
The 3-door hatch and 2-door coupe are equal as front sections and doors. You have 2 choices: buy new body parts from Toyota dealer or use donor car/trade with some club member. And ebay, ofcourse !
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2005, 12:01 AM
As far as I was told there are 4 hatchbacks sold in Holland. Then Aico also found an imported SR5 hatchback so that makes 5. So they should be here in Holland. I heard atleast one of them is in storage, awaiting a rebuild.

I do prefer a hatch over a coupe, even if it were only for me being used to a hatchback. On the other hand: I do find the coupe having a slighty more agressive look than the hatchback. Undecided

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hatch... General Q's... Whatever]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2005, 12:08 AM
JTA look at mediterranean topics in my project... (http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic.php?t=841)
No man the front trueno fenders r diferrent from the Levin ones at the front edge of them... I changed them see the pics

AE86 FANATIC!!!
03-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Also remember that there are plenty of 3 doors around in europa, there may not be many in NL, but you can get spare parts from other EU countries.

In general, 2 door or 3 door, they share most of the parts that are likely to brake normal maintenance wise. Body parts are more difficult then 2 door because you have to look abroad, but for the 2 door supplies are limited just aswell so I doubt it makes much difference.

What is more tricky is if you have a trueno. The number of trueno's in europa are very very limited. If you need a new hood, new popups (the lights themselves are used on other toyotas), new fenders, you are going to have to go USA, Japan or something like that.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-02-2005, 12:25 AM
I have front fenders, lights, hood from levin and the whole back from the trueno which fits any hatchback. If someone has the front of a trueno i could trade it with the trueno back...

AE86 FANATIC!!!
03-02-2005, 09:08 PM
I figured as much...

So:
As far as technical parts there is enough lying around.
But:
If you dent something "drifting" the wrong way... you're in for a scavenger hunt.

So: No denting...

Justice to All
03-02-2005, 10:20 PM
There weren't a single AE86 sold in sweden. Parts are almost non-existant, except engineparts from AE92 and so.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hatch... General Q's... Whatever]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toda timing info - with good general 4AG timing info too oldeskewltoy 0 4,040 11-05-2016 01:34 AM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy
  Exhaust fumes in cabin (Hatch seal problem!) Lt86 16 18,608 11-13-2015 01:20 PM
Last Post: pack
  Annoying sound (Ae92 hatch gti) Apsogos 2 4,090 01-02-2013 12:13 PM
Last Post: Apsogos
  Hatch seatbelts - question cannabolic 1 3,439 07-28-2011 09:43 PM
Last Post: cannabolic
  General suspension questions Jezza_hr 22 17,637 04-16-2010 06:26 PM
Last Post: Jezza_hr