Happy 8/6 day everyone
08-06-2017, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 12:51 PM by Vortrex.)
Happy 8/6 day everyone
I wish everyone a great day!

Okay and now for the dutch people. Since a few weeks there are finally some more AE86's on the road here in the Netherlands! I was thinking of after all these quiet AE86 years to have a small meeting. Preferably in the center of the country.
Today would be an excellent day as it is 8/6 day but I totally forgot and should have asked it earlier then.

Here are some pictures of AE86's people who I know drive often. If you know more people add them to the list!

From D-industries, I actually talked a lot with this person at Rising suns finest but I not know if he is in this forum and I do not know his name. xd
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Happy 8/6 day everyone]

Of course after all those years Oldskull's AE86's is back in action, here it is with my MR2:

And our admin has an AE86 again!
Banpei AE86

Mark's ex-AE86, don't know the owners name now but this was at Japan Classic Day Boxtel.

Quote:“The One With The Stronger Heart, Always Wins The Battle!!!”
Let's Go Out of Here..... Together.....
“1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86!”
Find all posts by this user
08-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Happy 8/6 day everyone
Haha! Indeed happy 86 day! Hurray!
A meeting would indeed be appropriate for this day! We are not alone in the 6th of August date notation: the majority of the world does it that way. Some countries have year/month/day notation (Japan, Hungary, Lithuania, China, Korea) so their 8/6 day is on the 8th on June, and share that with the US that has the single most difficult one using the month/day/year notation.

Last time we held a meeting we met up in Limburg at the three countries intersection hoping some Belgian and German owners would show up as well, but everyone who came actually was from the Randstad. (yes I count Tilburg as part of the Randstad as well Tongue )
The meeting before that one was actually in the back yard of Oldskull! Big Grin

I think August is a difficult month for meetups as many of us are on vacation. That's why we always held our meetings in September. For me the first two weekends of September have become impossible as both my kids were born during those weeks. Undecided
But I have a few days off in August, so if some of you are off as well on Monday/Tuesday we could do a small meeting. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2017, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2017 11:38 PM by The Doctor.)
Happy 8/6 day everyone
ha, looking at that picture (great event btw, lot's of fun that day).

Left on the pic: dead (ish)
Right on the pic: in the process of being brought back to life. Running i think, as it's not Ivan's car, as i suspected..
The rest is running in think?

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
08-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Happy 8/6 day everyone
Nice picture, looks almost vintage now Wink
What year did you made that picture?

Yeah I also thought that many people are on vacation. I don't want to rush but this day could give people with an AE86 a reminder to visit this forum and hopefully they can join a meeting soon.

Doesn't even need to be an official big car meet, just a few people like in that picture that still have a love for the AE86 after many years.
That would be awesome!

Quote:“The One With The Stronger Heart, Always Wins The Battle!!!”
Let's Go Out of Here..... Together.....
“1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86!”
08-06-2017, 11:38 PM
Happy 8/6 day everyone
2008.... So it is vintage!

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
08-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Happy 8/6 day everyone
(08-06-2017 09:27 PM)banpei Wrote:  Haha! Indeed happy 86 day! Hurray!
A meeting would indeed be appropriate for this day! We are not alone in the 6th of August date notation: the majority of the world does it that way. Some countries have year/month/day notation (Japan, Hungary, Lithuania, China, Korea) so their 8/6 day is on the 8th on June, and share that with the US that has the single most difficult one using the month/day/year notation.

Last time we held a meeting we met up in Limburg at the three countries intersection hoping some Belgian and German owners would show up as well, but everyone who came actually was from the Randstad. (yes I count Tilburg as part of the Randstad as well Tongue )
The meeting before that one was actually in the back yard of Oldskull! Big Grin

I think August is a difficult month for meetups as many of us are on vacation. That's why we always held our meetings in September. For me the first two weekends of September have become impossible as both my kids were born during those weeks. Undecided
But I have a few days off in August, so if some of you are off as well on Monday/Tuesday we could do a small meeting. Wink

Not too far away from me, just right for a sunday cruise, if i ever get the motor back in again!
08-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Happy 8/6 day everyone
Coming coming.... still waiting for master brake cylinder and propshaft modification.

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy New Year 2024! banpei 4 397 01-05-2024 10:54 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Happy 40th birthday AE86! banpei 10 1,680 05-28-2023 11:50 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Merry Christmas and a happy new 2023! banpei 3 1,152 01-02-2023 01:37 AM
Last Post: Power_uP