Thread Closed 
Going to be selling my AE86 soon
04-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Hmm... If the market will pay it then more power to you, but...

Is it just me, or is that quite a lot of money for a twenty year old car? *ducks*

Not a comment specific to this thread - I know these things are very popular right now... I'm just saying you could get a 180sx for that.

Which is most likely what I'll do. I always wanted one of these things as my first "fun" car (the metro doesn't count!) but at these prices that's just not on.

(Oh, and : first post. Hi.)
Find all posts by this user
04-05-2006, 09:03 PM
these prices (which are trully too much) are for people who consider the AE86 as a "her" and not as "one of these things".

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Going to be selling my AE86 soon] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2006, 09:12 PM
doormat Wrote:Is it just me, or is that quite a lot of money for a twenty year old car? *ducks*

Not a comment specific to this thread - I know these things are very popular right now... I'm just saying you could get a 180sx for that.
You could get a 180sx for that money. Then you would have a heavier car with less-controllable power (not that I'm really in control Big Grin ) without lsd and a certain fun-factor. I think that would have summed it all up. Tongue

But seriously: 3500 pounds is not much for a UK hachi. The story would be different if it were a Dutch, Belgian or German hachi. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Going to be selling my AE86 soon]
04-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Hmm...

Yeah, I know that's the market rate. But the hachi became a hero because it was as interesting as the costly cars, rear weel drive, well balanced and a lot cheaper.

I guess the've traded that last advantage for the heroic image that they have now, which is fine I suppose. I know I want one mostly because it's NOT a sportscar, but kinda is - and the're just arn't many cars that have that, y'know? Maybe the Skyline GTR, the M3 or the Mustang, but that's about it. (Two are too dear, and ones not got the performance to match the image... and yeah, there are more.) I absolutly would not go drift racing or anything - but it would be nice to know I could.

I won't get a 180sx, partly because the've all been "self-serviced" by this point, (with an SR20DET that's just crazy,) or have metal-worm like you wouldn't believe, but mostly because I just don't see myself in one. I realy want a Levin - I may have to stretch a little further than I had hoped, that's all.

At least these prices keep them out of the hands of the Max Power fans. I can just image one of these in a metal-flake flip with a bad fiberglass bodykit and F40 bonnet scoop, can't you? :wink:

Did anyone here ever play Tokyo Highway Challange? With the "Rolling Guys"? No-one who's ever played that could go his life without owning an AE86, at least for a little while. :wink:

(Oh, and it becomes a "her" once I own one - not before. Cool )
04-06-2006, 01:17 AM
You explained yourself enought I d say Thumbs up! Wellcome :wink:

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Going to be selling my AE86 soon] http://www.jdmbits.com
04-08-2006, 08:33 AM
nmwisima Wrote:You explained yourself enought I d say Thumbs up! Wellcome :wink:
Indeed. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Going to be selling my AE86 soon]
04-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Are you in the UK Doormat? If so then dont expect to pay anything less than my asking price for a good condition AE86. Welcome btw
04-15-2006, 12:16 AM
I don't expect to. Your price is true to the market - and fair play to you.

The market, however, is crazy right now.

I am in the UK, but I have an address in France, so I may end up getting one in europe and registering it there. (Extra bonus to that, of course...) Smile

But that doesn't mean I'm not intrested in your car - how bad a hit is the insurance, btw?
04-15-2006, 01:55 AM
Jezza you have PM :wink:
02-10-2007, 02:03 PM
you have a pm
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going to UK- where to and who is? Inefo needed mrgud 9 9,973 07-25-2007 08:15 PM
Last Post: mrgud
  coming to the UK soon AEsuperG 14 14,848 05-06-2007 07:59 PM
Last Post: yazy_786
  Going to Dublin Mr. Omise 7 8,105 12-01-2006 07:08 PM
Last Post: NeoForce