Front callipers
09-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Front callipers
my front right caliper siezes the odd time, but i always free it out with a bit of copper grease and constant winding back and fourth, is it mutch of a job to recondition one?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Front callipers
If youre unsure, just buy some reconditioned ones from the States. Ivan will know the URL..not much more expensive then doing it yourself.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
09-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Front callipers
Well i know how to do it as i have factory manual but just wondering is it effective to rebuild them yourself.
09-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Front callipers
if the calliper hasn't got any rust in the inside, you can fix it easily.

I'm doing mine atm.
I got one good piston, and 1 bad.
Bought a new one for 48 euro, and a refurbish kit (dunno the price atm).

When i've got it installed, it's as good as new again!

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
09-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Front callipers
I refurbished mine a couple of weeks ago. Never did it before but it was not really hard, you just have to take your time. The refurbishing kit for my FWD E8 was 55 euro's or so at Toyota.
09-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Front callipers
New front calipers run about 70 euro's a piece.. reconditioning kits from toyota are around 30 euro's...I wouldnt do that job again knowing that professionally reconditioned ones cost so little.
They're sold on ebay.de or you can get them directly from reconditioning companies.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!