Fitting Air Con (No PS) to LHD AE86
09-01-2021, 02:09 AM
Hello all,

Not wanting to dig an old thread, this is my next project! I've bought a complete LHD aircon system that I want to fit into my AE86.

I'm running a 20V Blacktop, and there is also a lack of information about this engine with the AE86 A/C system. Smile

I've been looking at the wiring diagrams, and the only thing that for now does not make sense is the wiring to the compressor.

My system is a non-PS AC system, so slight differences to the regular AC compressor and so on.

What I want to know is if someone from AEU86 has this system (can also be the PS one) and could guide me on the wire that feeds the AC compressor from the main wiring harness and where it leads to.

From the diagrams, it seems that it goes directly from the harness to a [J] plug that is on the LH side J/B. This is kinda ok, but what really messes me, is that all the wiring from the A/C is on the opposite side, the J/B no4 on the RH side of the car.

I still have to get my hands on the interior parts of the A/C system, but as soon as i have news on this i will post them here.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
09-01-2021, 01:09 PM
My AE86 came without power steering and had the AC compressor mounted on the LH side and with PS the AC came mounted on the opposite side. Probably the simplest solution is just to extend and re-route the wires for the other side.

Dave W
09-04-2021, 06:20 PM
Sure, i understand your point.

I am only inquiring about that specific plug since i never saw one! Smile
09-29-2021, 12:31 PM
No one with Air Conditioner? Sad
09-30-2021, 02:18 AM
Aircon isn't very common in Europe - maybe try on a US based platform?

While I gathered some of the AC parts my self I never gotten as far as fitting them and seeing what's missing.

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2021, 12:54 PM
Yeah i know... that's why i'm trying my luck! Maybe i could get someone's attention Tongue
07-31-2023, 05:31 PM
So... after some time i've finally managed to get all the AC parts for a LHD Non-Powersteering AE86.

I have everything. But... When i came across the connections from the donor car i realized that Toyota back in the days, as this was an extra at the time, this AC unit (Toyota branded), Toyota just plugged 3 wires!

Crazy stuff....

Now the challenge has really begun.

What i think is, these 3 wires come out of the two female plugs that exist into the AC harness and by looking at the electrical schemas on goes for the Compressor, another for the Ignition coil and the 3rd i believe attaches itself to the Idle VSV valve that has the two vacuum lines (one for the OEM airbox and the other for the TB).

Now it is the time to really understand and investigate how they actually were mounting these AC units... because there is really no information!
01-07-2024, 11:36 AM
Any progress? I have a GTS (power steering AC) that was previously poorly deleted and I am trying to see if I could convert to the SR5 (non-power steering AC) since I mistakenly bought the non-power steering ages ago before I knew they were completely different systems.

I have seen a few Japanese blogs saying many people are converting their automatic AC to manual AC due to it being easier to maintain/find parts. Not sure if automatic and manual are equivalent to power steering and non-power steering or if their wiring is completely different from LHD.

Regardless I might be of help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitting Fibreglass Kouki Lip? chrisae86 3 1,570 02-25-2022 08:14 PM
Last Post: chrisae86
  Air Cleaner Assembly Hama86 7 8,287 10-29-2018 03:28 AM
Last Post: Hama86
  AE86 4age engine not starts crank ok backfires to air intake Ryo 18 15,079 08-16-2018 01:36 AM
Last Post: Bean
  Detailed LHD engine bay pictures Bean 0 2,653 08-05-2018 04:09 PM
Last Post: Bean
  Fitting driftworks CS2 coilovers bozu 2 4,220 05-30-2017 10:50 AM
Last Post: bozu