Eric O'Sullivan's AE2000
08-18-2006, 10:47 PM
Eric O'Sullivan's AE2000
this sounds like a blacktop vs a silvertop diffrences only with honda engines lol

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Eric O'Sullivan's AE2000]
Find all posts by this user
08-19-2006, 01:26 AM
Eric O'Sullivan's AE2000
Who you calling a lazy turd horse box!!! I do believe your car was sat there rolling long before my shell was even painted and I still beat you to it !

Im sure I would have got around to posting something eventually, but thanks Ben for taking care of it for me.I have around 200 pics of all the work done so I might put together a quick 'how to' for the F20 swap :roll:

Its been 10 months of hard work and kind of hard to believe its almost finished.Working ten to twelve hour days before getting near the car is the reason why I've now missed most of this season and lost my pro Irish license.Oh well, myself and Mr Bergin back with the semi pro's next month, should be fun Hurray! HA ha !

On the manifold, yes its expensive to have done.I was fortunate to be sponsored by Micheal Gunning in Gunt Tuning and all I can say is over here where the tuning scene is littered with incompetent and inexperienced tuners, I was pleasently surprised to find someone who exceded all my expectations.They are the best, and decent sound lads too.

Finally, Mr Ben R.Where are you lad, stand up there and take a bow !.Ben had one week to sort out the biggest mess of an S2000 wiring loom, get an ecu off some dodgy Italian dudes and map the engine from scratch.He only drove through the night to get to Dublin and deliver the final piece of wiring the day of the event, and it started up first time.The engine is unreal, so much mid range punch and drivability.Wait till he gets his hands on it properly, can't bloody wait !

So, big thanks to the main men mentioned above along with, Iano (old skool cars ) for all those runs to the chip shop ha ha !.No seriously dude, your a legend, kept me going every time I wanted to burn the thing !

Enda and Fuzzy, for the quickest and most profesional assembly in the history of motorsport, probably.If you guys had been helping from the beginning it probably would have been done in February Thumbs up!

There's many more, but i've been ranting for long enough now.Thank you please........... this is only the beginning :wink:

http://www.ericosullivan.com
08-19-2006, 01:44 AM
Eric O'Sullivan's AE2000
Thumbs up! show a brother love!! Cool

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

SEMI-PRO's here we come a rockin man!! haha...dam u and that feckin race...if i had of thought more about doin things rite like u i ccud have still beat ya only for hop skipping and jumping!! now look at me...get enda fuzzy and ur arse over here men..RED ALERT!! Angry Angry

Seriously though its a savage build and shows u dont need to be SUMO power or be behind a works front...huh?? anyway, it boils down to a lot of hard work, hors and some serious kick ass mates! bit of skill wud help aswell....anyone can do this swap and i mean anyone. its the finish that counts and erics car is finished impecabley. top drawer stuff and i was in awe when i saw it all pieced together.

anyway, as you said dude. one door closes and another opens...that door being SEMI PRO!! Hurray! Hurray!

Wave

At last Itsuki is gone.....:o)

Who the hell is Itekani??

lol...Wataru! ????
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2006, 02:30 AM
Eric O'Sullivan's AE2000
just said id join to post on this thread. ive been on this emotional train wreck since day 1 and still a week after the build am still not back to normail (hence 1.24am post). but loved every minute of it. as ian said this wasnt a big factory production or blank cheque book build. but was built wit blood, sweat, love, passion and a drive to create the ultimate showcase for erics abilities. everything was made inhouse except bens genius engine controls.Tanx "Jimny" ( by the way ben theres a civic coupe seat wit ur name on it in october in mondello) but remember "you break you buy!" lol.

anyway congrats on the build eric and i dont ever wanna see the underneath of that car again.

as for ian get the finger out!!!! let the boys from "the core" get all "overhaulin" on ur ass.
08-19-2006, 02:48 AM
Eric O'Sullivan's AE2000
THE DUDE!!

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

Ahh shux...the memories of last week are flooding back to me...all we need now is Jimny Cricket himself!! Cool

lol...Wataru! ????
08-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Eric O'Sullivan's AE2000
Damn guys,

you should have done a video documentary of that build and let us share Smile Sounds like you had bucket loads of fun there!

Its really great to read about these sorta stuff to hear so many people come to gether and work on a car with such enthousiasm like that. Really looking forward to seeing this hachi win some prices in the upcoming seasons Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
08-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Eric O'Sullivan's AE2000
Yes,

its always nice to see people pooling their time, skill and enthusiasm together to build such an awesome machine. I really wish I could have gotten over to see the car make its maiden runs the other weekend but as always work got in the way Sad

I also think it is very kind that Eric is quite prepared to 'show and tell' regarding everything that was done on the project unlike other people around the world who play their cards very close to their chests on F20 conversions for commercial reasons.

In the months to come as mine comes back together I cant help but being even more excited now after seeing this one.

Big respect to everyone involved.

Regards Ian.
08-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Eric O'Sullivan's AE2000
I undersatnd how touchy f20c is aftermarket headers from my own research so i know it snot easy getting one that is even as good as stock and i respect the time and money that went it to it

it just hurts my heart to think about how expensive that makes the swap for RHD guys Crying

great work to all involved and i would personally love a write up with all your 200 pics Yummie! Hurray! Hurray!

and i know many others would as well i still think is is best swap for 86 Thumbs up!

"life begins at 8000rpms" - Going Racing

08-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Eric O'Sullivan's AE2000
whats the story with your engine mr bergin? is it running, what was it? the GReady?
havent spoken to dan since, as you saw my car is flying along, 2years 3 months later.
i kinda cant be arsed with it anymore, just want a driving 86

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
11-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Eric O'Sullivan's AE2000
Hi Guys,

quick update since the PRODRIFT Finals last weekend. as always, crack open some popcorn and enjoy the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8uRv1rKYtk

Cheers,
Ian.

lol...Wataru! ????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OST-017: Ed Sullivan it ain't! oldeskewltoy 38 37,402 11-10-2012 03:23 AM
Last Post: Project D
  Eric's KE70 08/10 Longchamps! Eric 157 164,838 08-05-2010 05:44 PM