Poll: Does shuto trials have a place on this forum
No, get rid of it!
I don't care at all
Yes, please keep it, I love shuto trials!
[Show Results]

Does shuto trials have a place on this forum
03-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Well the subject sais it allSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
03-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Whow, I'm interested in knowing who voted yesSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

03-08-2005, 01:45 PM
mux213 Wrote:Whow, I'm interested in knowing who voted yesSmile
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Does shuto trials have a pl...this forum]

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Does shuto trials have a pl...this forum]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2005, 03:31 PM
haha! so i gues we are even steven now ha? Evil

i would like to watch shuto Kousuke Trials be4 you remove them from the forum.
03-08-2005, 08:38 PM
i watched 1 dvd of this serie.

Wasn't that spectaculair to me, i see no clue why this should stay here, but hey, who am i Big Grin

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
03-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Doc,

If you only seen the first movie then you should really check out the other.

The first movie really was just made by a couple of guys who wanted to give people a view into the world of street racing in japan in the early and mid 80ies. But they weren't particularly good at filming it or driving for that matter so its all a bit simplistic.

Although really seeing this was made in the early 80ies......

The second untill the last movie are even less strong story wise although it does have some nice highlites. Also esp. 2 and 3 became sortof a Nissan/Endless 60 minute commercialSmile. However what made them good in my eyes is that they feature some very quality driving and drifting by the still young drift king who from part 3 onwards has a leading role in the episodes.

The driving on the street still stays a bit amaturistic, but the scenes in closed roads and on the track are marvilous to look at.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

03-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Part 1 was the best, lots of hilarious elements though (like thinking freeway racing is a step-up to formula 1, or the notorious corner that everybody drives through as if they forgot how to steer).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2005, 09:36 AM
mux213 Wrote:Doc,

If you only seen the first movie then you should really check out the other.

The first movie really was just made by a couple of guys who wanted to give people a view into the world of street racing in japan in the early and mid 80ies. But they weren't particularly good at filming it or driving for that matter so its all a bit simplistic.

Although really seeing this was made in the early 80ies......

The second untill the last movie are even less strong story wise although it does have some nice highlites. Also esp. 2 and 3 became sortof a Nissan/Endless 60 minute commercialSmile. However what made them good in my eyes is that they feature some very quality driving and drifting by the still young drift king who from part 3 onwards has a leading role in the episodes.

The driving on the street still stays a bit amaturistic, but the scenes in closed roads and on the track are marvilous to look at.

Dunno which one i saw, i believe it was the one with the Supra on the cover.

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
03-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Ivan,

Yeah that was kinda stupid, atleast the corner bit.

The step-up to Formula One for us is very far fetched,but for the japanese very real. You mustn't forget that alot of the people in the top of the japanese racing sport have a street racing background. Comparing to today having been a street racing japanese is almost a must if you want to be taken seriously in the pro drifting sport.

Doc,

I think thats 3, the supra tries to challenge the lead player from the previous episode who has stopped with street racing.

That is an interesting element in these series I find though. Eventhough it tries to show why youth in Japan is so interested in street racing, at the same time its trying to send a clear message you should not become a streetracer because you are likely to end up in hospital or worse.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

03-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Yup, that's the one.

A friend of mine has it, because it had a Toyota Supra on the cover (he's scavaging ebay regularly on Toyota items Smile), we watched it, but it was a bit of a dissapointment .

But that could also be, because it's the 3th dvd, we 'missed' the story

-Shinji Minowa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Shuto Kousoku Trials Mux213 38 62,337 02-05-2023 10:56 PM
Last Post: banpei
  What does the writing on the 86 say? SniperGT 11 12,645 11-13-2005 09:58 PM
Last Post: Widar