Covid19
12-20-2020, 10:36 PM
Covid19
That's the spirit... This home office thing hasn't treated me badly either. I kind of like the amount of focus I can get here.
Spent most of my weekends working on cars so that's a win too. Biggest downer of the lockdowns was not being able to go rowing last spring,
that really hurt my soul (driving by mirror-flat waters on bike and not being allowed to go enjoy it).
So I guess it's not too bad for introverts who can work from home. Would hate to be an entrepreneur though.
Now lets just hope everyone that does get sick comes through unscathed.
Covid is doing the rounds with my in-laws out in Serbia at the moment and I'm a bit concerned for the one that is in a heightened risk category.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-22-2020, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2020 11:12 PM by banpei.)
Covid19
About working from home: the company that I work for went 180 degrees on that subject. Prior to the first lockdown WFH was discouraged and only allowed when really necessary. After a little more than a month in lockdown they noticed everybody was happier (we have a weekly survey called Officevibe to see how happy you are), more productive and did less meetings than usual. So they decided that nobody has to go back to the office if they don't want to and even work remote in another country is no longer an issue.

Personally me and my wife are really happy we don't have the burden to do the rat-race every morning: have breakfast with the kids, bring the kids to school, rush to work, rush back home to make it back in time for dinner. At the same time for her my wife she had to go to her work before the kids woke up, rush back home at 4 'o clock to pick up our daughter from after school care in time, then rush home to cook dinner. After the lockdown we found we now could take things easy, have breakfast with the whole family, stop working in time and cook dinner. Yes I really don't miss traveling to an office every day. Wink

The only thing I miss now is the occasional travel to the office in the AE86 or TA60. Crying

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Covid19]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user