Covid19
03-18-2020, 05:01 PM
Covid19
I kept thinking that it was just going to be another overhyped story and that nobody outside of Asia would ever be hit with it. Now it turns out that a friend of mine is being tested and a colleague has symptoms (he's isolating right now).

The way its going, I have to wonder if the Fallout games are going to become a reality, with everyone living in bunkers and trading caps to survive. The shops here are empty already and areas that are normally busy are just dead. It seems strange seeing people walk around town with masks on too, but its good to see considerate people I suppose.

Anyone else seeing their lives changed yet?
Find all posts by this user
03-18-2020, 10:26 PM
Covid19
Luckily for me nobody close by that has caught the virus yet... I'm also happy we're not in Italy, France or Spain. Blush
My life is completely upside down. On Thursday the Dutch PM announced everyone is supposed to WFH (if you are able to) so I'm working from home since then. On Sunday the government closed all schools and daycare, so both kids are at home since then. Both me and my wife now do shifts where one watches over the kids and the other attempts to work and after lunch we reverse that.
I have no spare time left and it's really tiring for us. Kids already get annoyed over small things, so I hope it will pass soon. But I have no high hopes yet seeing how long it took before China allowed people to get back their daily life.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Covid19]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-19-2020, 12:47 PM
Covid19
Similar situation in Switzerland - everything non essential has been shut down. Glad I'm in Baku - here the situation is still kind of stable. I do worry about my mother which is starting to get a bit stir-crazy.
We all have to hang in there and be reasonable. Only way to get past this.

It's a bit sad to see how badly a lot of governments and people in general have reacted and some still do.

AE86 ex-daily
03-19-2020, 07:36 PM
Covid19
I hope everyone here is OK in the end. It looks like this whole mess is going to take a long time to resolve, and there will probably be knock-on effects for some years.

Hopefully people will learn to stop eating weird stuff now.
03-20-2020, 04:21 PM
Covid19
(03-19-2020 12:47 PM)Bean Wrote:  It's a bit sad to see how badly a lot of governments and people in general have reacted and some still do.

Lets leave the orange-haired orangutan, and the sheepeople of the USA out of this......

In the past week... the # of deniers has dropped by about 70%.... that still leaves far too many idiots running around. Florida....... need I say more?

Yeah... I'm pissed... no one is taking 100 shits a day... nor do they understand that if you hoard... you just make things worse....

Oh... and uniquely "merican... there is another run on guns and ammo Sad

More and more I'm thinking the real "virus" is us... and the planets immune system is trying to heal itself...........

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
03-20-2020, 05:46 PM
Covid19
On the way home yesterday I saw someone trying to buy enough canned food to keep an aircraft carrier at sea for a few years.

People are idiots. Oh and minor update, those people I knew with symptoms turned out to be OK.
03-21-2020, 12:52 PM
Covid19
Look at poor Italy. Over 4,000 as of today! Relative to the statics, their population is going to get hit worst then China. Everyone just needs to hold down the fort, and wait it out. Keep safe. Dave W
03-24-2020, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2020 10:11 PM by Power_uP.)
Covid19
UK on lockdown now, ultimately a good idea I suppose but very scary. I'm fortunate enough to have some spare cash tucked away for emergencies, but I'm fully aware that most people don't have much (if any) savings.

The scariest thing about it from my perspective is that there's a lot of people treating this like a holiday and hanging out in groups together. And I bet that all the good car shows will be cancelled now.
03-27-2020, 05:46 PM
Covid19
The death toll is very worrying now. So I just want to say that I hope everyone on here is OK, and that everyone's families are safe. Hopefully this brings everyone together, makes people less selfish and improves social cohesion (even if its only slightly).

Except for the people who live in Slough who will continue to get worse and will probably use the Covid19 outbreak as an excuse to be even more selfish and childish.
03-28-2020, 12:48 AM
Covid19
I'm fortunately working from home (small feat considering my employer is 4500km away). Unfortunately despite my efforts to avoid watching the news (my wife does) there are still plenty of naive idiot people (mainly young) who don't get the message that the situation is dear.
While I'm fairly safe (only leaving the house once a week for groceries) in a country with few cases compared to Europe, my friends and family in Switzerland aren't as lucky.
It will blow over eventually but the ugly and despicable side of people and governments surely hasn't reached it's peak yet. It's sad to see how many people opt for the poorest choice possible over and over again.
Got to stop here as my choice of words won't get better for sure.

AE86 ex-daily