Corolla Levin Repair, Paint and Tune - WITH VIDEO
04-04-2005, 02:45 PM
gt99,

if you take out the interiour of your car you are faced with alot of sound absorbing material stuck to the body work. If you freez this material its alot easier to remove then when in normal temparature.

So if you fill the car with dry ice and then hack away at this stuff, you have it out in no time.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
04-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Mux213: Thank you, looks like we will need this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Wow, your doing things the big scale... at least that way you are progressing fast... I'd even say way to go!

Patrick
04-06-2005, 06:33 PM
mux213 Wrote:gt99,

if you take out the interiour of your car you are faced with alot of sound absorbing material stuck to the body work. If you freez this material its alot easier to remove then when in normal temparature.

So if you fill the car with dry ice and then hack away at this stuff, you have it out in no time.

or remove it during winter Big Grin Thats what i did Thumbs up!
04-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Thats right Rikard, no need for dry ice here in Scotland Sad

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Corolla Levin Repair, Paint...WITH VIDEO]
04-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Or do it on a very hot day...the reaction of these insulation mats is that they become soft as they get hotter, and very stiff when they are cold.
When they are cold they break off in bigger chunks so they are easy to remove, when temp's are average the stuff is really a disaster to remove since it only comes off in little bits.
I've found out that working on a hot day works pretty well too since the bitumen then gets soft and is easy to work loose in big amounts. You can also use hair dryers or industrial heat guns to get them nice and soft.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-07-2005, 08:56 AM
so what do you do, when you put it back together? i would like to have at least some insulation..
04-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Apolan, insulation weights Tongue

To be exact, it weights about 16 kg.

I have another question for you guys. Since I'm sandblasting some stuff, I need to know what to do after. What protection to apply to keep things rust free and what way to apply it. Spray paint, pistol paint, brush paint? What paints should I use... etc.

Best regards
04-08-2005, 12:39 PM
And by the way, the car won't get insulationless, since it is going to be applied another zinc coating or some equal stuff on the outer side of the floor.
04-25-2005, 02:15 AM
My suggestion to you is, since you have it completely striped have the chassis align and stitch weld. If you do this it will last forever and drive like a newer car.

Mattia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toyota Corolla AE86 LEVIN ( Poland) sylwekgtir 40 50,116 11-23-2018 10:13 PM
Last Post: sylwekgtir
  Trueno Hatch and Levin Coupe - Repair, replace, pray xD TomRich 13 13,059 10-07-2018 09:45 PM
Last Post: banpei
  RaceMinded satin black Toyota Corolla AE86 Levin Coupe RaceMinded 22 29,384 09-02-2010 07:25 PM
Last Post: Apolan
  Shell make over a coat of paint williep12 4 6,519 02-01-2010 03:52 PM
Last Post: Kid Karola
  Repair/ Body whitepoint 6 7,710 03-12-2008 09:21 PM
Last Post: whitepoint