Clutch types for AE86
02-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Clutch types for AE86
Hey Max,

Thats a bit borderline dude, no commercial advertising in the normal sections on the board Wave

Besides, a few posts up Ivan already plugged your product when you wasn't a member here yet Big Grin

That said, redeem yourself by posting some objective info about those special clutches you do sell. I've heard a lot of nice things about them and since I'll be needed a new clutch someday soon.. If you keep it to the facts it will be a benefit to this thread.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
02-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Clutch types for AE86
what would you like to know?
holds 300 hp on a 200mm disk
no break in
designed for drifting?
200+ units sold with no defects

Max

[email protected]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Clutch types for AE86
Hey Max,

I'm no clutch expert so I have no idea. What I would like to know is more about is application and driveability. I've driven cars with pure race clutches and I would hate to have that on my dialy driver and sit in a 1 hour traffic jam. These where real "on/off" clutches, the ones that really are designed to rocket you away from the get go, and never stop until the race is overSmile (or maybe they weren't installed properly <grin> )

But I also drove CFs car the other day that had an uprated clutch that I really enjoyed and was way better then my clutch that I give a max of half a year of life left in it (its not slipping yet with normal driving, but thats where it endsSmile, all though its been like that for a year now so maybe its just supposed to feel this way and its just a soooooft clutch).

So the sortof info I'm after is what can I expect when I drive my car. Is this a clutch that you'd sell to your every day hachi roku driver that just wants a better clutch for his daily driver, is it meant for people that use their cars mostly on the track or with drifting, is it somewhere in between (like for me, dialy used car going to the track once a month).

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
02-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Clutch types for AE86
this clutch is fine for the street
even your pop pop or gandma would be able to drive the car
(the pedal feel is same as stock)
then 10 mins later you could take it to the track and trash the tires like a mad man

how long the clutch will last depends a lot on your driving style

i would say if it was a track only car
look to get about 60 track days out of one clutch

Max

[email protected]
02-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Clutch types for AE86
Update:

Installed the Cusco Copper Single Clutch kit about 2 weeks ago.

Well, it's great. Thumbs up!

Took around 2-3 days to bed in completely. At first it had a vicious bite, the clutch pedal had to be operated really really smoothly.

By now, it give, imho, a perfect combination of hard clutch operation combined with smooth daily driveability.

The kit consists of Heavy Duty Clutch cover, copper single clutch plate and Cusco lightweight flywheel. (5kg i think)

Pressing down the clutch pedal is about 30% harder than before, so it's still really nice to use in traffic. The clutch has a smooth friction point, and is easy to operate. But still, it kicks in hard after a launch, or a clutch kick. It also does not tend to overheat when used hard repeatedly.

So I can fully recommend this kit, though probably this is the case for most clutch kits from good manufacturers.

In the end it cost me 560 EUR or so including shipping from japan to swiss, and including Customs.
03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Clutch types for AE86
ive got a turbo`d 4age with the t50 in it at the min. the car is putting out 210 torque and it will slip the clutch at 4000rpm if i floor it. ive just got a 1ggte 5w8 box and when i change it i obviuosly need to change the clutch. is there any off the shelf clutches to take this kinda torque? i dont wanna go down the twin plate style, just rather have a single plate. dont mind if its a paddle as long as its not too race style, the car is used a lot n the roads as well as the track. any ideas?

Its gotta go whoosh or give a whine!!!!
03-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Clutch types for AE86
If you talk about W58 box - search around 4AGZE from MR2. Look at their flywheel/clutch combos Cool
PS: I will recommend ACT brand of clutches.
03-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Clutch types for AE86
The 225mm clutch from the GZE engine, can not be installed on the bellhouse
You can only use the 212mm !

I have not found any info on a clutch that can be used , other then the one from Max, if you tell him it needs to be made for the w5x gearbox.

i had around 350nm on one of thoose clutches,without problems, other then a broken gearbox(t50).

/Skassa

Any fool can go fast in a straight line.
VEMS Blacktop 4AGTE20V 272hp/350nm
"""www.turbotoys.dk"""
03-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Clutch types for AE86
Denmark, Holli must use 4A-->W58 custom bellhousing. So this is not an issue. I read in that past that 4AGZE friction disc will fit on the W58 spline (but this must be confirmed).
03-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Clutch types for AE86
There is still only the bellhouse from NZ that will hold the Gze clutch, and you even have to modify it!

So it will be a issue
Smile

/Skassa

Any fool can go fast in a straight line.
VEMS Blacktop 4AGTE20V 272hp/350nm
"""www.turbotoys.dk"""

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rear bilstein B6 shocks 2 types what to choose? Ryo 5 2,637 07-25-2021 04:41 AM
Last Post: Bean
  Anyone farmiliar with hks camshaft types for 4age? spill86 5 14,134 11-18-2017 11:36 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy
  Ae86 bulk head mod to fit hydrolic clutch? dinkers542 8 8,920 11-25-2014 09:21 PM
Last Post: dinkers542
  AE86 halfshaft types? TheGerman 6 10,629 11-27-2012 08:02 PM
Last Post: fax0815
  Exedy 'S New Metal' Racing Clutch Kit Toyota 4AGE AE86, dsrturbo 2 5,444 07-28-2011 10:51 AM
Last Post: Bean