2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Chiro- another Croatian AE86]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Chiro- another Croatian AE86
Hey mate!
Amazing picture the first big one, where the car is at the back.. Thumbs up!
Find all posts by this user
10-24-2006, 12:05 AM
man this really reminds me of mine, it is exactly the same.. Good job and good luck!

and yes, you (or whoever took those last three pics) hav/has mad photography skills! Thumbs up!
10-24-2006, 02:04 PM
wow... are U serious? This was nothing special... a friend of mine take them the other day... yes I have them and better in high res... just say the mail adress... no problm Smile I'll put some more later on...

This wern't PS edited or nothing, they can be realy awsome... I'll tell Vjeko (my friend) to finish them a bit... Smile

SNO-MO-BIRU project started- CHIRO
11-02-2006, 06:00 PM
here...

Today temperature got realy low... about 0 degrees... Smile So we are waiting for snow...

I went and bought 4 Barum Polaris tyres... we had a form of group buy (Hrc organised it Smile )... Got the tires, put them on steel rims, got them in the trunk and on my first right curve punkcured the right back tire... Got sideways and noticed an old lady crossing the street, leveled the car front and hit a big hole on the road...

It was a good chance to change to new winter tyres... Smile

Also Chiro has a mind of it's own...
Yesterday the starter was working like a clock. Yeasterday evening, after traning some in the rain (and getting 10L of water in the passanger side) turned off the engine, got to the store, came out, tryed to start it again and it was dead... Pushed the car to start, got home.
In the morning it started like a clock, no problems with the starter... It fixed it self...

Today after getting new tyres, it started fucking with me all over again... Again, It won't start... no clicking from the starter... obviously it has some contact problems... but I can't emagine what it is... I cleand it and remounted it some week ago... It was working fine...

What could it be... Sad

11-02-2006, 06:53 PM
The connector for the starter is preatty weakly mounted, and it kept falling off on my car after some spirited driving.. And the real bitch is to put that thing on after spirited driving, because the exhaust header is glowing from heat, but the connector is right under it. I have a burn-scar from one ocassion. I guess you should just try to clean everything and stick the damn connector to the starter with some tape or something.
11-02-2006, 10:44 PM
yes... that is my guess exactly... the mass is weak...

As I write this, I have already taken the mass wire from the engine to the body, cleand it with grinding paper (the contact sides where the bolts are), and have put the batery on the charger...

The only thing is, I won't know what I did (is it ok) till the morning... In the garage is pleasnt 25 degrees and outside it is some 0 or around it... (on Sljeme is -5) Maybe it is the battery (it got weak and it manifest it self best with the drop of temperature), the week contact or the starter it self...

PS
I already did the positive conection to the starter last time I got it out... I kinda bend it a bit so it has more friction... Smile

11-02-2006, 11:34 PM
If the battery is weak you'll get atleast half a revolution out of it with a click. So I don't think that your problem is the battery. Undecided

Maybe you can get some hints from the starter-problem topic:
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic.php?t=1138
Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project

11-08-2006, 03:24 PM
long time no see...

Here is what happened in last 2 weeks:

I kinda settled the problem with the starter. Cleaned it and put it back together...

BUT
As I found out latter, the magnet that is suposed to trough out the gear and start the motor of the starter- died...
A friend gave me (for no money Smile thanks dude) a starter from some Toyota (probably Celica or even Hachi, don't know). Had some problems fitting it back on, but I managed to do it after some 3 hours of f... around the exhaust... aaaaarrrgh... But now I can take the starter of a Hachi in 8 min total (we timed it...) That includes the jacking the front end, gathering the tool and complete time to have the starter in my hand... out of the engine bay... Smile

We went to Mobikrog track day again... I bearly had money for fuel so didn't want to risk. Dangerous track (for me) because the metal fence is some 2 meters from the track...
Meshin drove, also Hrc and some couple of people from Cro... (Mobikrog is in Slovenia)

10 cars from Croatia invading Slovenia Cool

meshin waiting for the green flag

Johnny R's Supra for dori challange... Had some problems with overheating... Tom, Mario and me adjusted his ignition timming and did some mumbo jumbo around the car (tom and mario drive mk3 Supras) so the problem was minored but not solved entirely...

have you ever seen more zip ties? LOL

and some crappy pics of the stage... Tongue

a week after (yesterday) I went and took that 1/4 of a Hachi that I got when I bought my car...

there aren't many parts on it... but at least it has most of the windows and some interior...

toed it some 150km to my city and today it is work time... Smile
Just to get some idea where I went for that 1/4 Hachi:
this picture is taken some 20meters from where the car was... It says MINES on the sign... That part of Croatia was heavy on war... so there is still some horror left... Banging head Angry

So, the work continues...

Waiting for the snow... Smile

11-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Whow. That supra is surely heavy used. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another AE86, Duracell. Now with VEMS, and cage... Uzelac 62 83,003 06-22-2015 02:56 PM
Last Post: Uzelac
  project "twin cam 16" another AE86... fax0815 11 16,949 11-19-2011 09:05 AM
Last Post: BOOMEX
  ANOTHER Australian AE86 delazy 25 36,320 10-17-2010 10:54 AM
Last Post: worholm
  another AE86 around here maggkrabar 44 35,770 08-23-2008 09:51 PM
Last Post: maggkrabar
  Another AE86 build up - Racecar Jan Pedersen 18 18,989 06-09-2008 03:34 PM
Last Post: Jan Pedersen