Brake PADS:)
12-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Mintex pads part numbers front and rear anyone???

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Brake PADS:)] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-20-2005, 04:24 AM
my car had on mintex pads when i first got it and even though they were worn down alot they worked great,right now i have on some akebono brake pads and they are ok,i get a little squeak every now and then but so far they havent faded under sprited driving

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Brake PADS:)]
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2007, 11:27 PM
The last time I had mintex pads, they had worn down within 6 months of just road use. Although they were good, I was hoping for something a bit longer lasting. I would be interested in hearing more opinions on the EBC stuff as a friend and my brother swear by Red Stuff and I think my current hachi is equipped with Green Stuff but i'm not too sure.
02-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Tough discussion.... as with mosty anything... there are trade offs. You CAN'T beat OEM pads for cold stops... BUT... Project Mu has a "newer" pad... called the "NS" it is mostly a street pad with some added temp at the top end. If you want a bit more temp coverage... Project Mu has plenty of other pads too......

http://www.project-mu.co.jp/e/product.html

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
02-02-2007, 12:10 AM
I have project mu pads in mine, type HC+ in the front and the d1 spec ones in the back....

i think they are really really good pads, however you can get cheaper locally made stuff that is better match to the rotors and calipers....

these pads in teh front are two powerful for the brake setup and the rotors cant handle it.... 10 laps of Eastern creek in sydney (lots of 200+km/h braking) on a 40 degree day, saw my rotors almost glowing and are alittle warped after it... but thats the price u pay for fun.... they are also very very very noises.... when ur breaking them in (takes like a month for the noise to shut up) the noises is fucken crazy, i was engine breaking the whole time...

however the d1 spec pads on the rear are so so good and there pretty cheap as well, there alittle loud but damn they make the handbreak work very well on a disc brake setup

yeah next time ill be getting locally made pads and rotors, jsut cheap and they do the same shit really
02-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Dan,

What sortof prices do the project mu pads go for?

We'll be having mintex pads in stock in 2 weeks if all goes well, so far what I know about them their good compared to their price but they aren't the best.

I wasn't aware project mu had such a large selection and I've only been looking at the higher end pads so far, so might be interesting to start importing them aswell if they cover a wider price range.

Bit surprised about Jezza's remark though. I don't expect pads meant for track to outlast stock pads (unless you actually go to the track, then stock pads should be left in the dust ), they do get a beating when cold, but so far I haven't heard anyone else with such a complaint. Then again, most people I know that use these pads frequent the track Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
02-02-2007, 12:20 PM
dxaqta Wrote:I have project mu pads in mine, type HC+ in the front and the d1 spec ones in the back....

i think they are really really good pads, however you can get cheaper locally made stuff that is better match to the rotors and calipers....

these pads in teh front are two powerful for the brake setup and the rotors cant handle it.... 10 laps of Eastern creek in sydney (lots of 200+km/h braking) on a 40 degree day, saw my rotors almost glowing and are alittle warped after it... but thats the price u pay for fun.... they are also very very very noises.... when ur breaking them in (takes like a month for the noise to shut up) the noises is fucken crazy, i was engine breaking the whole time...

however the d1 spec pads on the rear are so so good and there pretty cheap as well, there alittle loud but damn they make the handbreak work very well on a disc brake setup

yeah next time ill be getting locally made pads and rotors, jsut cheap and they do the same shit really

The problems you experienced are probably due to not bedding the brakes in conform instructions. With agressive pads you really only get one chance to do this, do it well and you shouldn't have any problems. Red glowing discs are no problem at all. Discs will start cracking when they can't stand the heat, warping is not warping of the discs but overheating of the pad causing it to leave deposits on the disc surface. Ideally for track work, use a pad with an even higher temperature range.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
02-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Drift Office(company in Seattle USA) has the "NS" pads for $79 frt, and $69 rear. (sorry... closer to $150). The B-Force are $99 for the front and $89 for the rears...

I tried a search for Project Mu in Europe... I got almost nothing...... This is the ONLY European distributor for Project Mu

[color=blue:eb1efdb8a6]I & I (IMPORT - EXPORT) (Wholesale)
Contact Person: Mr. Masato IWAKAMI
Via Montebello, 53/A 51016 MONTECATINI TERME (PT) Italia
TEL: +39-320-7923157, +39-335-6344271 / FAX: 0572-901443
[email protected] [/color:eb1efdb8a6]

Here is the Project Mu USA distributor..... and their USA dealers.
http://www.mackinindustries.com/md/proje...ectmu.html

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
02-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Dan,

I know, thats why we're starting out with Mintex, very available here in Europa and at half the price of Project Mu a nice option.

That said, when things start to get rolling with our shop (we're only just starting) I'm definitely interested in looking into becoming a dealer for Project Mu here, at least for AE86 and RX7 pads.

Upgrade parts for Hachis are hard to get here so... Sad

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
11-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Sorry for bringing this up, but couldn't find a solution by searching.

Are the Ferodo DS2500 still in production for the 86' front stock calipers? If yes, can someone provide me with their part number?

Follow: The story of my AE86
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems Mintex M1155 pads Dino86 9 8,001 07-04-2017 11:22 AM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Brake Pads |BUDA| 8 9,754 04-16-2013 08:30 PM
Last Post: damusto
  Brake master cylinder for FC3S brake conversion Hachi Go 8 13,407 03-03-2011 12:06 AM
Last Post: filh
  endless brake pads part number Jango_Fett 2 4,872 10-14-2009 05:54 PM
Last Post: Jango_Fett
  Brake Pads? Bubble_Drift 14 12,578 08-25-2009 09:52 PM
Last Post: Jan Pedersen