Bought a Hachi today
09-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Bought a Hachi today
I finally bought my new projectcar today and brought it to my garage. Today it´s only a scrappy SR5, but it will grow up to a Trueno in the next years.

Here the pictures how I found it on a junkyard:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bought a Hachi today]

And here the pictures of today:

A lot of work in front...

Next step will be to go to Frankfurt and visit a other junkyard there to rip some parts out of this coupe:

Regards, Eric
Find all posts by this user
09-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Bought a Hachi today
Nice car Eric! I red already about your plans and they are prety interesting so keep this thread updating! The pictures are nice!

The red hachi from the junkyard - it is supposed to be an AE86 Alltrack. What does this mean - is it 4x4?

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Bought a Hachi today
Nice find, and in a junk yard?

Looks great well done

still no 86
09-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Bought a Hachi today
Boy you are lucky!

I dream of driving around and one day find a Hachi in a janyard...
But such fairy tales dont happen in Greece Angry

Donts just rip the red one, man, buy the hall car. How ad is she???

p.s The SR5 has fantastic rims on it! You sale them? :wink:

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bought a Hachi today] http://www.jdmbits.com
09-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Bought a Hachi today
El_Camino Wrote:The red hachi from the junkyard - it is supposed to be an AE86 Alltrack. What does this mean - is it 4x4?

Ne, der Alltrac von dem die Rede im deutschen Forum ist ist ein anderes Auto, das Alex auf dem selben Schrottplatz gefunden hat wie den roten AE86. Der Alltrac ist eine E9-Limousine. Den AE86 gab es ausschließlich als Hecktriebler.

Blueneon Wrote:Nice find, and in a junk yard?

Looks great well done

Yes, both cars was found on junkyard. My silver liftback on the junkyard of a Toyota-dealer near to Kaiserslautern and the read one on a normal junkyard near Frankfurt. Both are only SR5´s and both was brought to Germany by american soldiers. There are a lot of US-spec Toyotas around here because Ramstein, the biggest US-Airbase in Germany is not so far away from here.

nmwisima Wrote:and one day find a Hachi in a janyard...
But such fairy tales dont happen in Greece Angry

Some years ago it was easy to find a Hachi on a junkyard here. In the late 80´s and the early 90´s the AE86 was cheap to get in Germany so much youngsters bought one. But because of the AE86 is not a easy to drive car most of the youngsters crashed the Hachis. Addititional the AE86 rusts very much, so not much Hachis survived. To the moment it´s really hard to find a Hachi on a german junkyard. All the Hachis who ended there were shreddered years ago.

nmwisima Wrote:Donts just rip the red one, man, buy the hall car. How ad is she???

It´s only a SR5 and only a coupe so it´s not worth the work to rebuild it after someone put another car on the roof. It will be much easyer to buy a german Levin-coupe (the liftback was never sold in Germany) and swap it to a Trueno with the parts from the red one. A guy from the german forum will do exactly this with his Levin.

nmwisima Wrote:p.s The SR5 has fantastic rims on it! You sale them? :wink:

They are looking nice from far away, but they are damaged all around. Angry I´m planning to rebuilt them and use them on my Hachi. So I´m sorry to say, but they are not for sale.

Regards, Eric
09-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Bought a Hachi today
XLarge Wrote:because Ramstein, the biggest US-Airbase is not so far away from here.

Also a damn fine band too! Thumbs up!

still no 86
09-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Bought a Hachi today
Blueneon Wrote:
XLarge Wrote:because Ramstein, the biggest US-Airbase is not so far away from here.

Also a damn fine band too! Thumbs up!

I don´t like them so much. Some of their somgs are nice, but only a few. I more like rockmusic like 3DoorsDown, Matchbox20, Queen, Creed, Alter Bridge and crossover like GreenDay, Limp Bizkit and that stuff.

Regards, Eric
09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Bought a Hachi today
"Kryptonite" Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

Yeah, I like it!

But also some "Ich Wil" every little and so isn't so bad! :wink:

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bought a Hachi today] http://www.jdmbits.com
09-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Bought a Hachi today
zuerst moechte ich dir zu deiner 86 und zu deinen suchfahigkeiten gratulieren Smile

und moechte ich gleich fragen ob es moeglich ist eine trueno front aus einem schrottplatz zu besorgen, da ich ein altes hatchback besitze der einen frontalcrasch hate.

http://www.86ers.org
All the hachies that Daytona can only dream about.
09-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Bought a Hachi today
Very good find! Thumbs up!
What about the papers? I thought the original owner left Germany without leaving the papers behind.. Dumb question

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant oldeskewltoy 98 46,977 10-18-2023 10:09 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Bought a Ae86 and super scared cause of rust can any one hel adamsaiyad 19 19,539 12-02-2009 02:29 AM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair