Bodywork in 3 steps
12-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
Yep

It is indeed better Thumbs up!

Any fool can go fast in a straight line.
VEMS Blacktop 4AGTE20V 272hp/350nm
"""www.turbotoys.dk"""
Find all posts by this user
12-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
Apolan Wrote:max great effort! are you doing the work yourself?

No, I’ve no place, no tools and no time to do bodywork and paintjob alone. I just gave my car to a workshop, and explained what I want. He asked 700€ for the job. That’s a very good price, considering rusty car condition.

Fun is not the straight line!
12-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
700 eur for bodywork AND paintwork?? That is indeed very cheap!
12-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
WHOA! Huh
I'd wish we had such prices here. Yummie!

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bodywork in 3 steps]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2005, 02:24 AM
Bodywork in 3 steps
banpei thought the prices might be a lot lower here, you must choose very carefully. some of these guys do a very sloppy job, wich is indeed worth 700 eur. But if you know a guy who does a good job, than sure we save some money.. Another thing w/ most of these repairmen is the ever-lasting- issue.They are lazy! it took drejas man 6 months or so to finish the car, and it took my friend 1 month to do just the engine bay and there was almost no rust. so alll in all i would say quality of service is much better in Nedherlands etc. but surely you pay more.
12-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Bodywork in 3 steps
The price was not an issue, 700 or 1000€, whatever! I just want the job to be done well. At the beginning I’ve visited several workshops. Lot of them didn’t want to do this job, even for 1300€!!!???!!!! They said: “this car is old, lot of rust, get rid of this crap, why you want to invest so much money in it, buy a new car…etc”
This guy accepted the job immediately. He also has an old rwd car, so he understands why I’m so interested in renovation. It’s true, he is a little bit slow, but I don’t care, I’ll wait.

12-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
Apolan, it took almost 1 year to get my car welded and repaired !!!
Not because he was lazy (he constantly works 12 + hours per day), but he worked on many cars "in parallel".

But I'm happy that the man took my car and work with it, because nobody else wanted. Nevertheless he did a good job Thumbs up! ...

Regards
Andrej
12-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
Well thats exactly what im saying. many of them dont even want to waste time on something like that! Its like what the hell i'll pay you whatever it costs. and he'll go like "no no its not worth it, get rid of it etc.." i never heard a professional say that.

Lets just say there is many body-repair guys (the correct term eludes me at the moment =P) who opened their shop to make some easy money. like replacing the fenders or shatered windows etc..

max its a good thing you found a trustworthy fella, wish all the best w/ your build!
12-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Bodywork in 3 steps
Just a few new pics, to keep you up to date...
Maybe he put to much welds around front struts?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
Looking good man! Thumbs up!