At least I did something
04-30-2006, 09:32 PM
At least I did something
Dont be so modest...you did a great job fixing that car up...really big rustholes all around all patched up nicely, and a shiny red paintjob to boot.
I think the bumpers would benefit from a nice black tint too..

This 'something'you just did happens to be one of the more important jobs in keeping the car alive...engines and all the other stuff can be swapped out, I barely worry about those things anymore, but the body is something you cant just replace that easily.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2006, 09:33 PM
At least I did something
I have exactly the same problem.
but...it's getting better. btw. it's not "pile of shit" Thumbs up!

Vladimir
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - At least I did something]

N/A for life...
Find all posts by this user
04-30-2006, 10:01 PM
At least I did something
It is damn beautiful now. Smile
And I do see flashbacks of my own car, and even worse: I see spots which are also on my car. Got a long way to go then. Crying

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - At least I did something]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2006, 01:57 AM
At least I did something
You 've come a long way. You should be proud. Now enjoy her (as I'm shure you will)!
05-01-2006, 09:41 AM
At least I did something
Hey Man,

That sucks! At the top you got this great car! And at the bottom it suddenly turns in to a rust pile! Should have been the other way around... Who in their right mind adds rust to a car!??Smile

Hehe, Looks very very good. Really good job man!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
05-01-2006, 11:00 AM
At least I did something
Thanks people, its good to know that someone appreciates it. The childish comments were because I've been a little annoyed lately that people never seem to say anything good when they see what I've done. It should be finished soon, it just needs the suspension and the last bit of paint in places, then I can start driving it and hopefully taking it to shows.

I'll post the last few pictures when I'm done, which should be in a couple of weeks.
05-02-2006, 07:54 AM
At least I did something
at least you did SOMETHING? I'd even say that was a lot you have done - nice!!

And dont listen to what others say, its your car, your money and its for your fun, isnt it?
05-02-2006, 08:08 AM
At least I did something
Congratuations to your project! Looks great!

Do I see well that you had a replacement part for the rear fender (seen on the Resto2 and probably on Resto1 picture)? I can't find that part nowhere in the world... Sad
05-02-2006, 11:14 AM
At least I did something
Errrr.....

Am I seeing different pictures to you? Huh

That car is amazing! Thumbs up!

Top work mate Respect!

still no 86
05-02-2006, 07:17 PM
At least I did something
Got someone coming to fit my rear windows soon, and all the parts needed to finish it off have been ordered.

SutteR Wrote:Do I see well that you had a replacement part for the rear fender (seen on the Resto2 and probably on Resto1 picture)? I can't find that part nowhere in the world... Sad

The arches from the Resto1 picture were removed from some new quarter panels (from one of Dave Hollinger's projects I think), and were then welded and lead-loaded into the body. The piece of new quarter panel in the Resto6 picture was fabricated by the body shop that worked on my car and fitted on the same way. If this isn't what you mean then send me a pm and I'll help you out with whatever I can.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Catching up...) OST-082: Nope, never again... at least not without all the parts oldeskewltoy 0 1,238 06-28-2022 09:17 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy