Another Question.
06-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Another Question.
Hey.

I want to remove the arm where the green arrow is pointing at.
I removed everything accept the R8 part where the red arrow is pointing at.
I removed the thing in the yellow circle an than tryed to get the R8 part out with a hammer, but it didnt work.
Is there something i did wrong is there something i forgot to remove or didnt i hit it hard enough?
Please help. Smile

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Another Question.]

Toyota MR2 2.0 16V Gen3 Turbo
Toyota MR2 1.6 16V
Toyota Corolla GTZ Twincam 1.6 16V (AE86) (Sold. Crying )
Toyota Corolla GT Twincam 1.6 16V (My new project Smile )
Find all posts by this user
06-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Another Question.
That is the steering swivel balljoint (fuseekogel). It has a conical fitting, so it will need a special balljoint separator or a lot of brute force applied in just the right way. Why do you want it loose anyway? You could better concentrate on the steering knuckle balljoint.. the one that connects to the end of the steering arm (RCool. It's also conical. but there you can use 2 hammers and give it a few hard whacks to get it loose.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Another Question.
At the end of that arm are some bushings i need/want to replace.
An becouse all the old bushings that i got out yet where verry hard to get out, i think these bushes will be difficult to.
So thats why i thought that it would be better to remove it.
I can also just take out the end of the arm where the bushes are but i dont know if i can get (easy) those bushes out then.

These bushings should go in there if im correct.

Toyota MR2 1.6 16V
06-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Another Question.
You need a BIGGGG hammer, at least 5 kg or more, and use it in direstions and place of blue arrows.

Make a strong and precise hitts.

Before that, use a WD 40 for about one day, or two, atleast 3-4 times per day.

ALSO, use some steel stick, and use a force to pull up hitted place if you understand me.

You need someone to help you.

Don't broke your leg with hammer.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

1984 AE 86 Levin hatchback
1989 AE 92 GTi
2004 Kawasaki KLE 500

CROATIA - small country for great drift
06-06-2006, 02:00 AM
Another Question.
It WILL come off if you hit it hard enough with a hammer, but be carefull that you dont ruin the treading.

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
06-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Another Question.
Like I said, the balljoint that connects that thing with the steering rod is much easier to get loose.. concentrate on that one! The R 8 thing your trying to get loose can move around and is hard to get off (and pointless too). If you take 2 big hammers, undo the nut on the steering balljoint, let it sit flush with the top of the thread it's on so you distribute force more evenly. Then put something semi-soft on top of it so you dont ruin the nut/threads when you beat on them.

Now take one hammer and put it underneath the "eye" that the balljoint sits in. This is for support. Then take the other hammer and give some sharp blows on top of the balljoint thread on the top. It will usually come loose after a good beating. As I already said, use either a gummi hammer for the top or pu a bit of strong wood or something on top of the thread so it doest get damaged. BTW, when you have the arm out, you could think about getting the bottom of the arm "boxed- in" by welding plates in it. This adds a bit of strength to it..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
06-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Another Question.
Thanx for the info guys.

OMG this all sounds more difficult then i hoped.
Its a shame that im not that technical (yet) but i will see what i can do.
An hope that i wont destroy it. Sad
I think the first thing im going to do is remove the side where the bushing sits in an see if i can get the bushing out under the car. (i doubt i can)
If that doesnt work i have to try the hamer part.
I hope i understand it correctly becouse my technical english isnt as good as i hoped an i dont know anybody who is handy with cars Crying

@Ivan could you please write that story in dutch for me i think that will work alot better for me.

Toyota MR2 1.6 16V
06-07-2006, 08:10 AM
Another Question.
Alrighty then...[Dutch mode on]:

Concentreer je niet op het loshalen van de fuseekogel (waar dat stuurarmpje dat je los probeert te krijgen dus aan vast zit), maar op het losmaken van de stuurkogel. Das veel makkelijker. Normaal gesproken heb je daar speciaal gereedschap voor, maar ik er heb op de sloop ooit een trucje voor geleerd van de turken aldaar.
Wat je doet is: je draait de moer op de stuurkogel los totdat de bovenkant zeg maar gelijk is met de bovenkant van het draadeind. Nu pak je 2 hamers, 1 hou je tegen de onderkant van het oogje waar de kogel doorheen zit, en met de andere moet je meppen verkopen op het draadeind+moer. Doe er wel iets tussen zodat je de moer of het draadeind niet vervormd anders draait het zaakje stroef en krijg je de kogel niet meer vast later (omdat ie dan mee gaat draaien). Een stukje plastic of hard hout werkt denk ik wel. Je moet er een paar felle tikken op geven zodat de verbinding zeg maar losschrikt..

Wanneer de stuurkogel los is kun je de arm er met fuseestuk en al afhalen. Verder had ik nog een idee dat ik sommige mensen heb zien doen, door de onderkant van de arm dicht te lassen kun je m wat steviger maken... Dat was mn roman voor vandaag wel weer...succes.
[dutch mode off]

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
06-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Another Question.
Tnx all i will try the hammer part an i will let you guys know how it worked out. Thumbs up!

[Dutch mode on]:

@ Ivan

Bedankt dit is een stuk makkelijker en het klinkt ook meteen minder moeilijk. Smile
Ik ga mijn best doen en laat het wel even weten als het gelukt is.
Zoniet dan zul je dat waarschijnlijk ook wel merken. Cool
Voor nu bedankt iig Thumbs up!

[Dutch mode off]:

Toyota MR2 1.6 16V

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  another velocity stack question. AEeighty-six 12 16,535 06-22-2009 04:03 PM
Last Post: isac
  another silly question retrodan 2 3,137 10-25-2006 06:27 AM
Last Post: Jan Pedersen