Ae86 coilover
04-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Ae86 coilover
hello,
I need a Suspensions-kid/coilover i don´t know how to write in enlisch exactly, sorry.
it should be for the Ae86 (jear of production 1987)
I have to use it in the traffic of germany. And here we need at certifications for that. So there should be an certificate for the stability of the coilover inluded.
I´m sorry for my bad english Confused
Find all posts by this user
04-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Ae86 coilover
Try to ask Gabriel from http://www.technotoytuning.com. You can buy complete coilover kit's and coilover sleves. They use springs from your country -> Eibach! Very nice stuff and maybe he can provide you with a certification...

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ae86 coilover]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Ae86 coilover
No chance of TUV @ T3. Why would they bother?

Don't think there is a single TUV approved coilover set. Best bet is finding some approved shocks (koni/billstein) and springs (dunno, probably difficult too).

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
04-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Ae86 coilover
thaks to you.
because it is relaly difficult to become things like that for the ae in germany.
you musst have conections for that Big Grin
04-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Ae86 coilover
How can they demand TuV approved parts for a 20+ year old car? Even your current factory suspension is not TuV approved..

Wonder what other german hachi owners can tell us about this, I know several that have non standard suspension, but I doubt there are any TuV approved parts for sale for our cars. Everything noteworthy comes from Japan or USA, and neither care anything about TuV.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Ae86 coilover
Thats right, take one of your std. shocks and let them look up the TUV certificate for that, they wont find that either.
04-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Ae86 coilover
Eric Wrote:Thats right, take one of your std. shocks and let them look up the TUV certificate for that, they wont find that either.
Or for that matter, any OEM replacement part, both Toyota and any general supplier. It would basically mean that if anything on your car brakes down, you can't replace it because the replacement part will never have TuV

There must be some sort of rule that states that for cars that predate TuV checks are exempt.

In Holland atleast cars need to apply to the rules that were valid when the car was sold (given one or two exceptions for safety). So with a 24 year old car you're allowed to do many more things then a brand new car.

Also, now that we're going a bit to general with this discussion. Officially EU rules state that cars that are allowed in EU country 1, should also be allowed in EU country 2. This is the loophole many kitcar owners take, they let their car be declared road worthy in England, that has a special check for homebuild cars, and then import it into any EU country they wish. One could argue that not allowing aftermarket parts to be installed on your car that are allowed in other EU countries, is against EU law Big Grin
They won't listen to that though. Or you get a fix like in Belgium, every aftermarket performance part simply drives the cost of the yearly checkup up.

Anyways, enough off-topic and guesswork. Anyone from Germany that has modified their car know more about this?
Kid you must know something about this as someone who's sold many aftermarket parts in Germany?
(milhouse, maybe send Kid a PM...)

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Ae86 coilover
Obviously stock parts had to comply with german rules of their day, so you dont need TuV compliance for that (daft idea). Things like obviously visible modifications though, have to comply to their checks.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Ae86 coilover
Hi und servus,

I have the Greddy type s (one of the best coilover kits for ae86) legal in germany. (in meinem Brief eingetragen)

If your lokal "Tüv Prüfer" kann need that i can send you a copy. But there are several ways to get stuff legal for a 20 year old car in germany.

by the way: HKS Silent Power; OBX Header; Battle Version lateral rod und 20v BT engine are in my Papers here in germany.. if there is the will there is a way Evil

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ae86 coilover]
04-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Ae86 coilover
hmm can you make a ke70 legal whit 4age in germany??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coilover suggestion? CHOPKIN2 0 2,467 07-13-2018 11:07 PM
Last Post: CHOPKIN2
  Photos of Hachi front Coilover Unit The Big Yin 6 9,364 01-06-2014 11:34 PM
Last Post: The Big Yin