AE86 for sale with incorrect mileage
03-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Not a trick.. crime. At least in Belgium.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
03-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Didier, your ad here was deleted. I deleted it. Without advising from other mods. This for sale ad you put was ridicoulous, a joke.

If you decide to put a normal ad, it will stay until we decide what we will do.

Which, will probably be deleting again, unless you stop moaning and give a GOOD explanation about the cars milleage.

A.

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - AE86 for sale with incorrect mileage] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2011, 09:09 PM
a1

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - AE86 for sale with incorrect mileage]
03-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Banging head

why do you keep on beeing so ridicoulous - this is not funny at all - please explain youself instead of making jokes about it all the time!..

Dumb question
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2011, 10:23 PM
a1
03-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Banging head omg

kick, slap and ban!

like NoHachi said..its a crime and I think this covers whole EU.

I got the same shit with mine - turned odometer.
Unfortunately I live in a country where this happens very often on the used car market.

jee...didierae86 your lame self-defence mechanism is not really helping you here. The sad thing is that someone, not reading this stuff, falls for your ^%$& scam.

You my man are a true hustla and I am sure you'll make your kids proud Respect!

Philip
03-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Huh
I don't understand this shit

03-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Illegal or not, its part of the car business, and there are people out there who will get a bit of extra money by doing this. Normally it goes unnoticed and people part with more money then they should. Whether it means they make a bad sell all depends on the quality of the car. With Hachiroku's I would actually be suspicion of such low mileage, even if its not been tempered with, that means the car has been standing still most of its life and probably needs some engine work. I vividly remember how one of my mates bought a DeLorean with 60k on the odo and had to pull the engine apart because it had been standing still for +10 years and that hadn't done it much good.

The other interesting problem with our community is that cars are either directly or indirectly known by members of our forum. Anybody seriously interested in buying a hachiroku probably starts his search on this forum. Especially when interested in buying a car that at one point in time was owned by a member on this site the amount of info about the car known to the public is staggering. Whether it be how the car was restaurated, what damage it once had or what mileage it may one day have had. All it takes is a "should I buy this car" topic and you'll learn things about the car the current owner may not even know.

That Heine and Martin voiced their concern about this is normal and I hope members will always step forward but even if they had not a smart buyer would have probably found out and for that anybody trying to add some money to their car in this way, its their April fools day, it leaves buyers wondering what other things are not right with the car and most likely want to drop the price even more instead of pay a premium.

All that said, I'm sure Didierae will eventual sell the car to a very happy owner indeed, from what i've seen the car is a good car even with turned back odo. Whether someone will be willing to part with 8k is a different story but that is a challenge for Didierae.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Changing the ODO is not only illigal, but its immature and stupid Banging head

But who the hell will buy such a collector car, with no history in form of bills and service book, for such a price?

Cheating the government, its not the same as cheating a person who buys his dreamcar. Denmark and Norway have the highest car prices in the world. We pay 3 times as much for a new car than our neighbors Germany and Sweden, and we get them wich less equipment.

Project AE86 now begun.

Cars I have owned:
Toyota Starlet EP91 1,3 16v Turbo, 200hp
Toyota Starlet EP71 1,3 12v Sport
Mercedes 207D camper, 1977.
Toyota Starlet EP70 with a 174hp Silvertop 20v See video here:
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/Star...079edc.htm
Toyota Corolla AE101 with a 164hp Silvertop 20v. (Evolution bodykit and candycolor paint).
Volvo 240 2,1 (The only car I have maked money on).
Toyota Corolla EE90 (my first car)
03-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Lets stop arguing about this stuff. One thing is a fact and that is that didierae86 is not a fair seller. Still he is allowed to ask whatever price he wants to ask for it. That he wants to take the risk to be caught for a crime such as turning back odo, thats up to him. It's good that we have such a close community that we can be warned by others for such sellers. This way people can deside themselfs if they want to buy a car from him with knowing about the lie. Off course its sad for the not knowing person who might buy this car, but in the end that will be something between seller and buyer and is not our problem. I think didierae86 doesn't need to give an explanation for what actions he takes. Everybody can have it own conclusions about didierae86 now, but please keep the case for what it is. Thanks to Heine for letting know about the official odo at the previous sale. To help potential buyers it might be a good idea to list the chassisnumber too on the forum to mention the wrong odo. In case a potential buyer does a google search on internet he might find this thead and can takes his own conclusions about buying it or not.

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mileage of the ae86 banpei 10 9,061 10-27-2005 10:47 AM
Last Post: Ivan141