AE86 Rear Side Window Removal/Reinstall???
03-17-2010, 12:33 AM
My rear side windows leak on my AE86 hatchback. I want to remove them and reinstall them. Does anyone have any tips, pictures, videos or documentation on this? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
03-17-2010, 07:32 AM
download the pdf from here and you'll find all the information you need Smile
http://files.aeu86.org/manuals/AE86Manual.pdf ~100MB

actually it's very easy
the toughest part is to carefully remove the window trim with a scraper, a small chisel or a screwdriver
then unmount the moulding clips
cut loose the adhesive
and that's basically it
03-28-2010, 06:35 PM
aussiefan Wrote:download the pdf from here and you'll find all the information you need Smile
http://files.aeu86.org/manuals/AE86Manual.pdf ~100MB

actually it's very easy
the toughest part is to carefully remove the window trim with a scraper, a small chisel or a screwdriver
then unmount the moulding clips
cut loose the adhesive
and that's basically it

What sort of product should I used to seal the window? Or do I need to buy a window gasket?
03-28-2010, 06:51 PM
use window sealant that black stuff, no gaskets needed.

280z '75
audi S4 B5 '99
KE25 '71
06-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Step 1

Use the razor blade knife to slide along the perimeter of your old window and cut out the old caulking and weatherstripping. Urethane rubber is very strong, so this may take awhile. When you have the urethane completely cut, have a helper assist in lifting the old window out of the frame. Dispose of the window in an appropriate container.
Step 2

Use the razor blade to clean all the urethane out of the window frame. You do not want any leftover urethane to be present as this weakens the integrity of the window mount. Apply the urethane primer that came with your window kit to the window frame and allow to dry.
Step 3

Load the urethane caulking into the caulking gun and spread a thin bead of urethane along the inside of the window frame. Spread a line about the width of your pinky to ensure proper adhesion. Have a helper assist in hoisting the new window into place, carefully lining up the window edges and then mounting the window onto the bead of urethane. Allow to dry in a warm place for at least 24 hours.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FWD (the dark side) totta Crolla 5 5,107 08-04-2018 11:18 AM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Window films stratosTRD 3 4,222 10-31-2010 03:53 AM
Last Post: Red
  side mirrors ? merttepe 9 11,707 08-19-2008 09:31 AM
Last Post: merttepe
  Auto RND rear side skirts gjuro 4 4,994 07-08-2008 11:27 PM
Last Post: pedro-siR