A new plan 4AGZE
04-10-2012, 01:00 PM
A new plan 4AGZE
Dunno, depends on the revision. I would guess 500-750€ or so?

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 10:14 PM
A new plan 4AGZE
hm that much,better get saving then ...
04-18-2012, 05:20 AM
A new plan 4AGZE
The ZE manifold is restrictive so you doing the right thing using a NA manifold...
Seeing that you are changing the SC bracket to mount the NA mani, you might as well just try and source a SC14 and fit it...I've done this and it gave me a little bit more oemmfff and I could boost easily 0.7bar with my normal size crank pulley Thumbs up!

Good Luck with the build

Current - 2006 Run X RSI TRD spec
Current - 1991 AE92 Conquest 4AGTE

Ex - 1992 AE92 Corolla 4AGTE(175KW&295NM)
Ex - 1983 1.8 SE Liftback(headworks and side draughts)
04-18-2012, 09:54 AM
A new plan 4AGZE
Can someone point me for info regarding the pinion angle? Guess it will need some adjustment after lowered suspension, right?

thanks and good luck for the project
04-18-2012, 12:30 PM
A new plan 4AGZE
Yes and it looks weirds.
I can't verify this but in the article it says you can gain 15hp na with changing the manifold to the na one.

I might be doing this if the current one gives out,for the moment im saving for all the rest of the setup

thanks and thanks Smile
I have no idea about the pinion angle,i gave up one the one piece after advice from NoHachi and reading some topics.

For the moment alot of questions are in need of research before i can go eg

=>how to integrate the abv with the na manifold,its completely different
or use an external wastegate
=>what would the best fmic setup be
=>best option to shut the sc off when not needed
=>gearbox hunt+bellhousing
=>4AGZE flywheel or 4AGE
=>cams bigport cams or tomei poncams 256 degree drop in cams

should anyone have some pointers that would be great Smile
04-18-2012, 05:00 PM
A new plan 4AGZE
is there a reason I missed why you don't just rebuild it in SC form as it was designed?

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-18-2012, 05:22 PM
A new plan 4AGZE
The SC is on a clutch, so it activates on vacuum.

It seems absolute madness trying to make it work with an NA manifold. What is there to gain really? The poor intake design is not such an issue when you are running on boost.

You don't need the ABV if you running over 8psi. Best bet is to remove it or blank it off completely. You don't need a wastegate.

Running a low comp GZE as NA will be pretty rubbish.

I've had a lot of experience with modified GZE's in AW11s, for over ten years.

The only time I would say use an NA manifold is if you are converting to turbo.

1985 Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
2013 GT86 Miltek Exhaust, Injen Induction.
04-18-2012, 06:00 PM
A new plan 4AGZE
Actually there are a couple of reasons why i [must] do this. (long story incoming)
None of the things i do are for gains but for hiding,and na rally

Reason 1
Belgium car inspection(mot i believe in other countries) Crying Crying
Absolutely everything is forbidden here
=>no other engines,no rollcages,no sc,no other brakes,no aftermarket ecu etc etc etc
so i must hide as much as possible
So to be able to get a rollcage and some updates(seats,belts,..) the car is subscribed as a DIV 1 rallycar.And also because i want to do rally later.
Reason 2
I want to do rally as well as trackdays.
No change that the 4AGZE will not be spotted so i am planning to run the car as a na for rally and with sc as trackdays.And thats also the reason why i need the na manifold to hide the sc and to get back some of the hp
the low compression will make me lose 4-10% hp

if you remove the abv what happens then,the sc works all the time?
wont the heat be a problem then+massive increased fuel
Usually we drive in stints of 1 hour at the circuit.

if i have 100hp im happy for the rally.
I really hope somehow this will work because i dont want to give up rally unless really needed.

I envy you with the rules you have,beeing able to tune without worriesSad

here is my reference link for the sc with na intake manifold
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=53427
and here is the link for the external wastegate idea
http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/forum-m...c14-2.html

For those wondering what the pipework is coming off the intercooler it's a custom air bypass valve system for the Supercharger also know as an ABV, it's been made up from an external turbo wastegate. When the car is in vac the valve on the wastegate will open allowing air to bypass the supercharger through the thin pipe you can see on the left which pulls air from just under the throttle body and flows directly into the intake manifold, when the supercharger kicks in the valve in the wastegate will slam shut allowing the SC14 to pull air through it to compress a
04-18-2012, 06:09 PM
A new plan 4AGZE
ditn Wrote:Actually there are a couple of reasons why i [must] do this. (long story incoming)

Reason 1
Belgium car inspection(mot i believe in other countries) Crying Crying
Absolutely everything is forbidden here
=>no other engines,no rollcages,no sc,no other brakes,no aftermarket ecu etc etc etc
so i must hide as much as possible
So to be able to get a rollcage and some updates(seats,belts,..) the car is subscribed as a DIV 1 rallycar.And also because i want to do rally later.
Reason 2
I want to do rally as well as trackdays.
No change that the 4AGZE will not be spotted so i am planning to run the car as a na for rally and with sc as trackdays.And thats also the reason why i need the na manifold to hide the sc and to get back some of the hp
the low compression will make me lose 4-10% hp

if you remove the abv what happens then,the sc works all the time?
wont the heat be a problem then+massive increased fuel
Usually we drive in stints of 1 hour at the circuit.

if i have 100hp im happy for the rally.
I really hope somehow this will work because i dont want to give up rally unless really needed.

I envy you with the rules you have,beeing able to tune without worriesSad

here is my reference link for the sc with na intake manifold
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=53427
and here is the link for the external wastegate idea
http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/forum-m...c14-2.html

For those wondering what the pipework is coming off the intercooler it's a custom air bypass valve system for the Supercharger also know as an ABV, it's been made up from an external turbo wastegate. When the car is in vac the valve on the wastegate will open allowing air to bypass the supercharger through the thin pipe you can see on the left which pulls air from just under the throttle body and flows directly into the intake manifold, when the supercharger kicks in the valve in the wastegate will slam shut allowing the SC14 to pull air through it to compress a

Ah I see. I always thought Belgium is simpler on the law once the car turned 25years.
Anyways in that case I'd advise to sell the SC setup completely and use the revenue towards a proper NA buid. This should give you less hassle with rules and more power.

You don't seem to aim for high power figures so a very mild stealthy tune is all you need.

AE86 ex-daily
04-18-2012, 06:15 PM
A new plan 4AGZE
Yes but then you arent allowed to drive with the car anymore.
Mine is still a legal a legal road car.

I dont for rally but i do for track.
Im kinda in an impossible spot almost Banging head

I know someone who did it like this but not with a 4AGE but with a TU5J4(my other favorite engine)
normal for rally and supercharged for track.
Supercharged in rally makes me a H6 category rally car which is rediculous,H6 is everything is allowed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which new bearings for ae101 4AGZE crankshaft&connecting ditn 4 6,638 10-31-2013 06:04 PM
Last Post: ditn
  New Fuel Pump for the 4AGZE heshan 35 32,704 12-08-2010 09:47 PM
Last Post: heshan