4AGE 20v ITB vacuum instructions on Intecracing.com
04-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi, Intecraciing.com has some preparation instructions in their site for the AE86 swap. Here is the website http://www.intecracing.com/
I was wondering if some of you guys know or did this setup. I followed the instructions but the pictures they posted are not so clear.
I tried contacting them but with no answer.

Take a look at this picture:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 4AGE 20v ITB vacuum instruc...racing.com]

They say at this step that "If doing AE101 Silver top, Route hoses like in the picture shown." But its unclear.

I don't know if someone can help me with the vacuum lines for a neater setup. Like what do I need and what I don't need on the ITB.

BTW I'm going to run on Microtech ECU and with a turbo setup.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jairo
Find all posts by this user
04-29-2011, 05:54 PM
The vacuum hoses are the 2 U shaped hoses, they are linked into each other. This set-up may not rely on MAP, open to correction

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
04-29-2011, 10:47 PM
That vacuum arrangement will not give a result. The tiny ports are either
under the edge of the butterfly, or slightly in front... atmospheric side. Those
hoses just go throttle to throttle, and do nothing (same as blocking off).

Much better to take a single vacuum feed from the common vacuum rail
and use that for MAP. The tiny vacuum ports under the throttles can be
blocked off individually.

Cheers... jondee86
05-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Ok lets go step by step.
I had this engine running already but only with a Microtech ECU without turbo, in the pictures below you can see how I had the lines routed, not so neat. Now I'm upgrading to a turbo setup and want to remove whatever that's not needed around the ITB.

Here are some images illustrating what I understood that should be done and what I've done already.

Here on number (1) I connected the Microtech map sensor.

Should this line (2) be blocked of?

I've blocked of this line (3), is this right?

What should be done with line 4? Should the ISCV (5) be removed with turbo setup? What about the VSV? And the throttle opener (6) should also be removed? Can the whole piping below the throttle bodies be removed?

If any of you guys has done a turbo setup, could you share a guide?
Thanks in advance for your help. Thumbs up!
05-05-2011, 09:04 AM
can't help with all the rest of the pipeing as it's a bit confusing but I can tell you exactly what the ports on the ITBs are...
looking at the above picture the take off going straight down on all four ITBs is the outlet of the tiny hole just by the throttleplate (on my ITBs there's no vacuum there - i.e. useless)
the second take off is on top off the ITB and this is connects to behind the throttle plate and give good vacuum (fit the map sensor there)
last but not least there is the screw on the frontal face of the ITB which is the adjuster to have air bypass the throttle plate even when closed (I have that completly closed)

iirc the throttle opener is used in conjunction with the ISCV as coldstart airsupply... which you still might want with the turbo setup pending of what the car is used for (i.e. useless on a racecar)

hth - jondee feel free to correct me Smile

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Bean Bandit Wrote:can't help with all the rest of the pipeing as it's a bit confusing but I can tell you exactly what the ports on the ITBs are...
looking at the above picture the take off going straight down on all four ITBs is the outlet of the tiny hole just by the throttleplate (on my ITBs there's no vacuum there - i.e. useless)
the second take off is on top off the ITB and this is connects to behind the throttle plate and give good vacuum (fit the map sensor there)
last but not least there is the screw on the frontal face of the ITB which is the adjuster to have air bypass the throttle plate even when closed (I have that completly closed)

iirc the throttle opener is used in conjunction with the ISCV as coldstart airsupply... which you still might want with the turbo setup pending of what the car is used for (i.e. useless on a racecar)

hth - jondee feel free to correct me Smile

Thanks for the info.
I was wondering if I use a vacuum manifold like the golden eagle one and eleminate all other outputs and use only one main output vacuum for the vacuum manifold and take from there the vacuum outputs that I need like for the Blow Off Valve, Fuel Pressure Regulator, Brake Booster and MAP sensor. Would this work?

Where is the best place to take the main vacuum from?
05-05-2011, 06:28 PM
This would work but you would also need to feed the brakebooster with it, and be sure the oneway valve in the line still works.
To be honest for a boosted application I'd personally would throw it all out and fit a plenum with a single throttle - lighter, less to go wrong, neat but that's just me.

AE86 ex-daily
05-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Bean Bandit Wrote:This would work but you would also need to feed the brakebooster with it, and be sure the oneway valve in the line still works.
To be honest for a boosted application I'd personally would throw it all out and fit a plenum with a single throttle - lighter, less to go wrong, neat but that's just me.

Thats a good idea but I would need to modify my aurbox again. And would have to do something to fit the injectors, that would take me a long time again to make or to order.
If I do the vacuum with the Golden eagle manifold, where would be the best place to take that from of the ITB to get a good vacuum?
05-05-2011, 07:00 PM
As written above from the takeoff on top, make sure to have the hoses at equal length to the eagle.

AE86 ex-daily
05-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Bean Bandit Wrote:As written above from the takeoff on top, make sure to have the hoses at equal length to the eagle.

How do you mean with hoses at equal length?
Can the vacuum outlet for the eagle be taken from the big port that goes to the ISCV? Show in the picture below?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4A-GE 20V ITB bolt patterns kjb 7 11,098 02-27-2016 01:23 PM
Last Post: kjb
  How to install 20V ITB on 16V head Mr.komp 7 10,914 12-28-2015 05:35 PM
Last Post: pack
  US-spec vacuum hard lines LordTD 2 4,612 04-27-2015 07:18 PM
Last Post: Project D
  VALVE ASSY, VACUUM SWITCHING, what's this for ? Uzelac 10 12,931 11-22-2013 10:40 PM
Last Post: jondee86
  Machining Pistons to run 20v head... And FCR's on a 20v? PazzaAE86 2 4,791 09-15-2013 01:08 AM
Last Post: jondee86