Need help asap with 4ac to 4age!!!!!!!
05-10-2013, 10:32 PM
OK I have a redtop big port 4age in now I have it all ready to go but I got stuck on the wiring. I found out that I can't use the sr5 dash loom with the 4age engine loom, so I just got the gets interior harness that goes from dash to trunk.

My question is do I HAVE to have the engine harness or can I use the mr2 harness that I got with the motor?

Any help is better then non. Thanks all.
Find all posts by this user
05-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Use the MR2 harness, only needs a few basic things to be running, 4 earths, 1 permanent pos. supply to the ecu, 1 ignition positive, cranking signal, power via a main relay to run the injectors/ignitors, starter signal to starter.
Comming from the the loom, and important for the dash is the oil pressure switch/sender, water temp and the signal to run the rpm gauge. I´d also get the diagnosis working, cause it comes in very handy if you got running problems.
Youll also find a fuel pump output, which could be used, unless you´re putting the pump on a switch.

Dead easy, geht the pinout for the ecu, and than its just a case of tracing a couple of wires and conect them correct.

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
05-11-2013, 06:44 AM
So your saying use the gts dash loom with the mr2 engine loom? Got it thanks
05-12-2013, 02:19 AM
Well, I don´t know how good your wiring skills are, but thats what I whould do.

Need a bit of colour checking + mulitimeter continuity test and a bit of crossreference work.

Main advance is , you know that this ECU run your engine before, if you swapping around you might find different plugs, different wire routings....
You´ll find that trying to get a bolt in solution will take you a lot longer than just making it new, at least you know what you´ve done and what is connected to what, if there are any misstakes, you got a starting point. Thumbs up!

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
05-12-2013, 03:54 PM
What Fax said, you can make do with what you already got.
Wire it all up as you start to understand what goes where, it`s been a painstaking 3 week process for me too because I had a self-sufficient wiring loom which WOULD have worked if I had had the firewall engine harness connector on the dash loom, so you`re already way better off than me!

I cant say much more than I recently learned..

As already mentioned you need the 12v ECU power from ignition key junction (For the Injectors, coil& igniter and so forth), mine is connected to Black-Yellow (I think) @ Ignition.
In your case you save a lot of time by connecting the engine harness sensor wires, 12v switch and all that stuff to your SR5 dash harness firewall connector Smile

ECU earth on engine head/intake (I bolted mine to intake) and remember good earth from firewall to engine head, and good earth from chassis to engine block!
What put my patience on test was ECU-ground Tongue

Just use your current alternator and wiring, this way it goes from alternator, through fender and into footwell junction box, across the dash loom and into battery +terminal!

This means your ECU harness fuse/relay box (If you have one) has to be connected to battery +terminal for powering Fuel Pump and so forth.
I`m not sure what fuel pump the SR5 uses, but if you can use that to fill a catch tank and a Walbro/Bosch from there to the engine that`d be good for the engine.

1x AE86 84` Zenki Coupè Levin 4A-GE 20v
1x AE86 83' Zenki Coupe Levin 4A-GE 16v
1x TA60 82' Sedan 2T 8V
1x TA40 78` MK1 Zenk/Pre-Facelift Wagon 4A-GE 16v
05-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Thank you guys for the help its up and running now. Can't say thanks enough.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help identifying this! takumi_mt 4 286 04-05-2024 09:17 AM
Last Post: takumi_mt
  TRD ECU need help ps13michi 5 2,793 02-18-2022 10:42 AM
Last Post: ps13michi
  Need some help DJexor 4 4,852 03-13-2018 05:37 PM
Last Post: pack
  JDM trueno not starting. need help! kazi 8 7,843 03-12-2017 05:05 PM
Last Post: kazi
  Stack display system, need help Jimmi The Kid 1 3,819 01-15-2017 10:52 PM