1st rust sighting inside and some distortion
05-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Faz,

Those are pretty good pictures for a camera phone Smile

Just take a few pictures from a larger distance so its easier to identify the location. Closeups can be confusingSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
05-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Mux213 Wrote:Faz,

Those are pretty good pictures for a camera phone Smile

Just take a few pictures from a larger distance so its easier to identify the location. Closeups can be confusingSmile

Thank you sir.Well I will try as soon as I am back on my feet.ACL reconstruction is no walk in the park.Thank god for pain meds. I did get my headlights working popping up and down though,but there's a delay going down.Could it be my motors?
05-13-2007, 10:39 AM
ACL reconstruction? That don't sound good Sad

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
05-13-2007, 12:01 PM
faz, if you wanne save the car always strip down everything. even sounddending is for sale if you want to put it back. Clear it out check all rust. Always cut it away with at least 2cm of extra space if not more. THen reweld and always work of the weld points so that they don't rust again.

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
05-16-2007, 06:40 AM
Mux213 Wrote:ACL reconstruction? That don't sound good Sad
Yeah,football injury.Someone tackled me from behind when he shouldn't have.It's an old injury only got the surgery done last week.Worst pain since the injury itself.

robokill Wrote:faz, if you wanne save the car always strip down everything. even sounddending is for sale if you want to put it back. Clear it out check all rust. Always cut it away with at least 2cm of extra space if not more. THen reweld and always work of the weld points so that they don't rust again.

Yes sir,I am stripping it down,well i was in the middle of it,Till the surgery anyway..2 cm you say?I'll be sure to get on that as soon as i can walk.I'll let you guys know.THanks so much for the advice.
05-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Faz, the seat mounting points take a LOT of force in an accident, so they are critical. Unless you are trying to build it up as a show car...and even then, since it would be covered up by carpet...I would rebuild the mount and have some serious steel plate welded up to reinforce the floor pan where it is attached. Think of the injury if the seat comes loose during an impact. Steel plate is cheap.<G>

Original owner, 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S in the US of A. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150 or a Ford GT44.
05-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Red Wrote:Faz, the seat mounting points take a LOT of force in an accident, so they are critical. Unless you are trying to build it up as a show car...and even then, since it would be covered up by carpet...I would rebuild the mount and have some serious steel plate welded up to reinforce the floor pan where it is attached. Think of the injury if the seat comes loose during an impact. Steel plate is cheap.<G>

Ah,yes sir.I'll be sure to ask an expert.If it is something not within my reach I'll be sure to let someone who is a professional do it.I don't want to risk getting injured or letting anyone who drives my car get injured.Thank you so much for the info.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inside of front wheel touches frame rails during drifting bozu 3 1,348 06-09-2022 04:51 PM
Last Post: Project D
  Rust in trunk AnthonyStallone 11 12,896 02-18-2015 06:23 PM
Last Post: Bean
  4age 16v 1st and 2nd generation cams and not only difference Apsogos 3 7,159 09-16-2013 08:24 AM
Last Post: Apsogos
  Popup lights problem :( Video inside OtomiX 5 5,198 07-19-2010 09:57 AM
Last Post: irishtwincam
  Rust removal totta Crolla 9 8,585 02-02-2009 10:27 AM
Last Post: S.K.