OST and JE Piston collaborate - New piston!
08-26-2014, 06:01 PM
RE: OST and JE Piston collaborate - New piston!
UPDATE.......

I recently showed this thread to a racer friend of mine and he wasn't kind... asking me if I wanted my friends engines to perform less then perfectly(blow up)... I felt a little shocked, and pretty embarrassed (a bit angry too) and so I asked him what he meant....

oldeskewltoy Wrote:[Image: AEU86 AE86 - RE: OST and JE Piston colla...ew piston!]

this set of OST/JE pistons is ready for fitment

He then handed me a STOCK 4AGE piston and asked me to find it on my own..... (ignore the black, look for red)

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - RE: OST and JE Piston colla...ew piston!]

Not just MY pistons... but ALL aftermarket 4AG pistons suffer from this. Heat LOVES a sharp edge... a simple radius around the valve reliefs will not allow the heat to focus on a flaw and burn the piston.

So... for ALL aftermarket piston users... have your machine shop add a 1/4 round around the valve reliefs and your pistons will survive far longer under SEVERE loads.

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: OST and JE Piston collaborate - New piston! - oldeskewltoy - 08-26-2014 06:01 PM