After removing sounddeading?
09-20-2010, 06:53 PM

Where are you located?
You can buy dynamat sound deadening for mucho dinero, or you can go to your local hardware store and buy asfalt isolation mats for much less (they are the same thing marketed differently and in bigger quanities). Search for "dynamat alternative" and you're bound to find out how your local alternative is named.

I would recommend this for a car that is still to be used in any form on the street. I drive around without..between the load exhaust, rose jointed control arms and lack of interior/isolation, its honestly unbearable without ear plugs.

The sound deadening is relatively low weight, in a low position in the vehicle. You're honestly not going to see any meaningfull performance improvement from removing it. I'm adding it back into mine once the cage is in.

edit: just thought of a way to test my theory. Buy a roll of sound isolation. Drop it into your hatch and fix it with some rope. Drive around. If you think you notice the extra weight-> return and refund. Otherwise, you're good to go.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
After removing sounddeading? - mms - 09-20-2010, 06:40 PM
[] - NoHachi - 09-20-2010 06:53 PM
[] - mms - 09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
[] - NoHachi - 09-20-2010, 07:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  After a couple of things... James H 2 3,365 08-22-2007 12:11 PM
Last Post: Eircamae86