can some of the danes help me?
10-26-2005, 03:47 PM
On another forum i found that in de Danish Touringcar Championship a Corolla T-Sport is competing.

The engine looks not as the 1.8 VVTL-i the T-Sport normally has, in fact, i don't recognize it at all as Toyota engine.

on the DTC website i (think i..) found some rules, but i can't understand them completely. Can someone translate them for me?

[color=green:7912f9ee51]Den maksimale slagvolumen for de anvendte motorer i Danish Touringcar Championship er 2.000 cm³. Motoren skal stamme fra en model, der som udgangspunkt har en slagvolumen på mellem 1.700 og 2.300 cm³. Motoren må have op til 6 cylindre, mens trykladning (turbolader eller kompressor) ikke er tilladt. Motoren skal være bygget på baggrund af en standardmotor, som indenfor et tidsrum af 12 sammenhængende måneder er blevet bygget i mindst 2.500 eksemplarer.[/color:7912f9ee51]

Only engines up to 2 litres, 6 cillinder engines allowed.

That's what i can understand, but then, do they say: an engine has to be manufactured at least 2500 times or does the engine need to be sold in that car to let the car meet it's homologation?

And then, even if i know what this means, i still don't know what engine it is Big Grin
It looks like a 2ZZ-GE to me, but it's impossible, because intake and exhaust are switched.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
Find all posts by this user
10-26-2005, 04:38 PM
"Motoren skal være bygget på baggrund af en standardmotor, som indenfor et tidsrum af 12 sammenhængende måneder er blevet bygget i mindst 2.500 eksemplarer."

The engine has to be built on the base of a standard engine that in the span of 12 months has been built at least 2500 times.

I dunno what engine it is tho :/

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - can some of the danes help me?]
10-26-2005, 04:46 PM
The only thing i can think of, is that they turned the head, but why...... Dumb question

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
10-26-2005, 05:05 PM
I think it looks kinda like a 3S-GE. The water pump is driven by the timing belt and the exhaust header looks almost exactly like mine.
Although, the camcovers are a lot rounder on this engine, and it seems to have dizzyless coil-on-plug ignition.. Maybe a 3rd or 4th generation 3S..

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Using: -98 Camry 3.0 V6
Abusing : -85 Corolla 2.0 GTi
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-26-2005, 05:08 PM
that is what i also thought about, but since the Beams engine isn't homologated (no more then 2500 made in 4 years i guess Tongue) it can't be one.

And the 3S-GE was never sold in the E12, at least, not that i know Smile

-Shinji Minowa
10-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Notice the ribs in the cam cover.. Yummie!

Using: -98 Camry 3.0 V6
Abusing : -85 Corolla 2.0 GTi
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Found another pic of the engine of a Corolla T-Sport featured in the DTC,

http://www.henrik-lundgaard.dk/car.asp

10-26-2005, 05:23 PM
And another;
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - can some of the danes help me?] Crying

http://www.j-weinreich.dk/galleri.html

10-26-2005, 05:24 PM
hmmm, it looks like a 3S-GE indeed.

Strange, an engine in a car, that (afaik) was never sold in the E12...

-Shinji Minowa
10-26-2005, 05:25 PM
The Doctor Wrote:hmmm, it looks like a 3S-GE indeed.

Strange, an engine in a car, that (afaik) was never sold in the E12...
Maybe the rules don't say anything about that the engine has to be produced in the car that it competes in..?