Shuichi Shigeno's new manga (and a car related one!)
01-31-2018, 05:10 PM
Maybe I'm too used to the Initial D last chapters' pace (haven't read any manga since), but I'm still shocked by the speed of these guys translating MF Ghost.

Btw, what a nice surprise the guest commentator for the race Smile things are getting interesting.
Find all posts by this user
02-02-2018, 01:16 PM
Considering it's a magazine release it's only a few pages a week(biweekly, not sure on the release pattern) unlike the notebook type releases which include several chapters in one book.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2021, 11:41 AM
Dusting off this topic...
Seems that there are some rumors on MF ghost becoming an Anime

Not sure how reliable this source is...
Leaks of 'Initial D' sequel 'MG Ghost' Anime surface

"For fans of Japanese street racing manga/anime series Initial D, new leaks now reveal that the sequel MF Ghost is set to receive an anime adaptation.

Also written and illustrated by Initial D creator Shuichi Shigeno, MF Ghost was first serialized in Kodansha‘s Weekly Young Magazine back in 2017. The sequel set in the 2020s, a time where self-driving electric cars have replaced internal combustion vehicles. The story chronicles Kanata Livington (Kanata Katagiri)’s place in Japan’s MFG competitive internal combustion car racing league, founded by Ryosuke Takahashi. It is interesting to note, Kanata is trained by Takumi Fujiwara at the Royal Donington Racing School in the United Kingdom and drives the spiritual successor to the AE86, Toyota 86.

The leaks reveal a promotional image that notes a 2023 premiere for the MF Ghost anime adaptation and frames from a trailer. The frames highlight Kanata’s Toyota 86, along with other cars and select MFG courses."

I predict resale prices of gt86's are going through the roof as well in the near future...
12-30-2021, 07:11 PM
Yes I read the same thing this morning, so apparently that post got trending.
Resale prices of the GT86es are already going through the roof according to Moog from MCM ever since Subaru and Toyota announced a new model would be coming up. The MF Ghost craze might increase the value even more. Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Shuichi Shigeno's new manga...ated one!)]
01-04-2022, 09:53 AM
It has been confirmed now that the anime will be released in 2023! Hurray!
Also a teaser has become available on Youtube and it definitely goes beyond Initial D Fifth Stage in terms of graphics and animation:

I can't wait till it's 2023! Big Grin

01-04-2022, 09:40 PM
F*ck and I allready wanted a red one ....
01-04-2022, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2022 11:10 PM by gh0st.)
(12-30-2021 11:41 AM)r.ave Wrote:  Dusting off this topic...
Seems that there are some rumors on MF ghost becoming an Anime

Not sure how reliable this source is...
Leaks of 'Initial D' sequel 'MG Ghost' Anime surface

"For fans of Japanese street racing manga/anime series Initial D, new leaks now reveal that the sequel MF Ghost is set to receive an anime adaptation.

Also written and illustrated by Initial D creator Shuichi Shigeno, MF Ghost was first serialized in Kodansha‘s Weekly Young Magazine back in 2017. The sequel set in the 2020s, a time where self-driving electric cars have replaced internal combustion vehicles. The story chronicles Kanata Livington (Kanata Katagiri)’s place in Japan’s MFG competitive internal combustion car racing league, founded by Ryosuke Takahashi. It is interesting to note, Kanata is trained by Takumi Fujiwara at the Royal Donington Racing School in the United Kingdom and drives the spiritual successor to the AE86, Toyota 86.

The leaks reveal a promotional image that notes a 2023 premiere for the MF Ghost anime adaptation and frames from a trailer. The frames highlight Kanata’s Toyota 86, along with other cars and select MFG courses."

I predict resale prices of gt86's are going through the roof as well in the near future...

No way! I can hardly believe it! I have been waiting ages for that to happen! I had been reading the manga, out of impatience. The races are really good!
01-05-2022, 01:31 AM
Fuck's sake. I gave up on the idea of buying an AE86 since I don't think I'll ever be a billionaire. Now I can give up on a GT86 too.

Can someone make a cartoon about 86s being shit cars now. How about this for a premise: Our hero drives an 86 (old or new, doesn't matter) and in every episode he gets made fun of for his shit car.
With a cartoon like this, the value might go down and then I can afford one.
01-05-2022, 09:24 AM
(01-05-2022 01:31 AM)Power_uP Wrote:  Can someone make a cartoon about 86s being shit cars now. How about this for a premise: Our hero drives an 86 (old or new, doesn't matter) and in every episode he gets made fun of for his shit car.
Big Grin
Well that's kind of the idea behind both Initial D and Ghost MF: they both drive a shitbox (according to the other drivers), they are being mocked for it. However in the end it's the driver that actually makes the difference and wins. Wink

04-10-2022, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2022 07:46 PM by gh0st.)
(01-05-2022 01:31 AM)Power_uP Wrote:  Fuck's sake. I gave up on the idea of buying an AE86 since I don't think I'll ever be a billionaire. Now I can give up on a GT86 too.

Can someone make a cartoon about 86s being shit cars now. How about this for a premise: Our hero drives an 86 (old or new, doesn't matter) and in every episode he gets made fun of for his shit car.

It's called Initial D! xD

If you look far and wide and you know how to haggle, you'll be able to find 86's you can afford. There's only one small downside: there are tons of things that need to be fixed, but that's part of the journey in my opinion.

Oh btw, before I forget; MR2 AW11's are extremely similair to ae86's! The only real difference is that the engine is in the middle of the car instead of in the front. There is one other difference; you can buy them for as low as 2k!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toyota related videos tomstwincam 9 12,172 06-02-2007 03:16 AM
Last Post: tomstwincam