Window films
10-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Window films
Hi to everyone. Now that i've started my project(if you have noticed at the appropriate forum, i'm thinking of window films.
Do you have any idea of the best brand?
In a car of a friend with window films (i don't remember the brand) i noticed that when i was sitting inside and looking out from the drivers window at a certain angle i saw like colorful watermarks...like when you drop petrol in a pool of water.
Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
10-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Window films
3Ms are the best ...

AE86 FANATIC!!!
10-31-2010, 03:53 AM
Window films
You can't go wrong with 3M. Lots of cheaper brands will look purple (instead of gray) or start to peel and bubble after a year or two in hot sunlight.

The "petrol in water" sounds like an effect from the adhesive, or the film, not being quite uniform in thickness. Just like the interference sheem from petrol on water.

3M also makes a lexan film (Solarshield?) which makes the glass much harder to smash through. Usually sold for building windows not for cars, but works very nicely.

Original owner, 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S in the US of A. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150 or a Ford GT44.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AE86 Rear Side Window Removal/Reinstall??? juantonwan 5 12,448 06-01-2010 09:21 AM
Last Post: Hell_Ride
  Automaxx films jacco 9 8,556 12-16-2004 06:31 PM
Last Post: s.bjelke