Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork
06-12-2021, 11:18 PM
That rear seat looks like really good, when you looked at fabrics, did you come across any that looked like the Black interior ?

Need a full interior Wink

Restoring my AE86, all the way... Going JDM style Big Grin
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/ae86/p/150463#150463
Find all posts by this user
06-13-2021, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2021 02:36 PM by Ivan141.)
Nope, it's more difficult to find something close to the non-plain velours. I know it's possible to source something close because
AE86PreservationSociety (a more professional 86 upholsterer) posted up something that looks quite similar, but I havent come across anything
similar so far myself.

Got the rear bench done. As first attempts go, it's not too bad, but I did mess up a bit. The bench top ended up a few cm's too wide, causing me to run out of side bolster around the ends left & right. Just took it on the chin because I didnt want to pick it all apart again, it was quite a task to put together. I suspect this also causes the slight looseness around the seams at the front. Will know to look out for this next time.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork]

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-14-2021, 09:51 PM
Great going and it looks very nicely done! Thumbs up!
I haven't heard from the AE86PreservationSociety before, but they sure have interesting tutorials on their Youtube channel!

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
06-30-2021, 07:15 PM
I spy with my little eye someone called a 245!! Big Grin

Great work!
07-01-2021, 09:03 AM
Well spotted.. that's a friend's '75 245 on raised suspension with an NA 2.3l with an LPG injection system.
One of the few running cars in the shed.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
08-08-2021, 01:47 PM
Small update report, havent been too busy around the car the past months, but I have been taking care of some small stuff to do with it.

Have been busy sorting all metal bits and pieces of the car, preparing them to be put back on the car.

Bolts & small brackets:
-Took all my bolts and brackets smaller than 20x20cm to a zinc plating firm called Duroc in Antwerp. Had them treated with their P1000 zinc flake coating which is awesomely resistant to rust.

Took a load of bigger brackets and all my seat frames (AE86 rear and MA70 fronts) to get sandblasted. Got a good price for getting it all powder coated while I was at it so I had that done as well.
Powder coated seat frames are a bit of an indulgance since you will never see them after the upholstry is fitted, but I just get carried away sometimes. The downside to the cheap powdercoating was that the guy took no effort to shield any threads so I have a lot of cleanup to do manually.

Got started on putting the pedals back together yesterday:

Couldnt finish the job as I'd left all my bolts at home, but they came together nicely after cleaning up all bores and threads.

The only new thing on the pedals will be the little rubber bumpstops that broke off during removal. I did change my pedal rubbers for some like-new ones I pulled of some random 80's Toyota in a wrecking yard eons ago (10+ years). Lucky I had them, new Toyota ones are north of 35€ a piece these days at the dealership.

The upholstery project is still ongoing. Still have one front seat left to do, then I need to figure out where my front door cards have dissappeared. Bought some blue ones off Djexor a long time ago but they are nowhere to be found in my stashes of 86 parts.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
08-08-2021, 03:50 PM
Everytime i look here it gets even better!
Find all posts by this user
08-09-2021, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2021 09:38 PM by banpei.)
Those bolts look fabulous! Much better than I thought they would! Thumbs up!
How much did it cost you in the end?

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
08-09-2021, 09:52 PM
€75,-
Could have brought 4 times more than I did and pay the same amount. The price per kg is €1.35 with a €75 minimum per batch.
So you can get around 55kg's done for that price if you want to. A dimensional restriction of 20x20cm applies, so I had all my smaller
brackets done while I was at it, unbeatable rust protection at the price. Would have brought loads more but I didnt want to mix and match
too many different bolts since a requirement is that everything needs to go into the same drum. This saves me sorting out non-toyota sizes.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
08-19-2021, 03:39 PM
Holy shit.. was just looking at the frame of the Celica-Supra drivers seat, look what I found:

Looks as if a spotweld has given up. So I turned it around and got an ever bigger scare:

Damn.. this thing needs to come along to the garage for some serious welding if I'm ever to sit my heavy ass in it.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front end roof compatibility between 2dr and 3dr Dochka 11 11,973 01-12-2014 05:50 PM
Last Post: fax0815