Hi from South Afrika
08-06-2018, 08:31 AM
RE: Hi from South Afrika
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
And yes I do have some Dutch ancestry higher up in the family tree.

My engine is the some set-up as in the picture above, except for the water outlet at the back of the head. That is blanked off completely. My problem is that I keep blowing head gaskets, the last one lasted only a week, and the no. 4 cylinder is full of water. This after I had the head completely reworked new gasket and new head bolds and washers. This was my 3 head gasket with the same result.
I had the head pressure checked for cracks, and barely skimmed. I'm running out of ideas of what the cause could be other than the block might be skew or that the outlet at the back has something to do with water hot spots around the no. 4 cylinder.
I'm still running the standard supercharger, with a bigger pulley on the crank and a smaller one on the supercharger. I'm not even boosting a bar, so doubt that its over-boosting. I know these engines can handle a lot more than that.
the only other thing could be timing, I did not notice any detonation or 'Pinging' sounds. Just a sudden rise in temp and then I knew the gasket has gone...
Please if anyone can assist and give my some more feedback and ideas, I would appreciate it a lot.
Thanks.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Hi from South Afrika - Witkind - 07-31-2018, 09:40 AM
RE: Hi from South Afrika - banpei - 08-02-2018, 09:32 PM
RE: Hi from South Afrika - jondee86 - 08-04-2018, 10:08 AM
RE: Hi from South Afrika - Witkind - 08-06-2018 08:31 AM
RE: Hi from South Afrika - jondee86 - 08-07-2018, 12:35 AM