Shuichi Shigeno's new manga (and a car related one!)
07-28-2017, 03:00 AM
Shuichi Shigeno's new manga (and a car related one!)
So it looks like Shuichi Shigeno (author of the Initial D original manga) will be publishing his new manga sometime this summer. And it was announced as car racing related! It was announced back in the month of April when his manga Sailor Ace's last chapter came out on the Young Magazine as usual:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/201...er/.114101

According to Anime News Network, the plot will be...
Quote:The series will take place in the 2020s, when self-driving cars are ubiquitous in Japan. The series will feature a genius driver who goes back to Japan after graduating top of his or her class at a racing school in England.

After finishing Initial D in 2013, Shigeno has published two different mangas, Amazing Hana and Sailor Ace, none of them related to cars or racing in any way. So it was about time, Shigeno sensei!

A few days ago, the final name was revealed (MF Ghost) along with some sketches and an advertising page:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Shuichi Shigeno's new manga...ated one!)]

Noticed the "202X" year? Very Initial D-sque, isn't it? Reminds me of the first chapter of the manga when it was read it all took place in "199X" Wink

Now time for my crazy theory:

Looking at that pic, it may well be the silhouette of a Toyota 86 / GT86. Can't it be? By the time, the ZN6 could be already 10+ years old, also... That would make a good parallelism with Initial D.

Could it be possible... ? Come on, let me dream a little bit Cool

Being Shigeno, it would be amazing to see a cameo like that.

Maybe this time we'll see the little Toyota 86 beating some crazy Tesla P100D on AutoPilot mode? Huh

I'm officially hyped now Hurray!
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Shuichi Shigeno's new manga (and a car related one!) - headrush - 07-28-2017 03:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toyota related videos tomstwincam 9 12,227 06-02-2007 03:16 AM
Last Post: tomstwincam