I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant
10-25-2019, 10:30 PM
RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant
oldeskewltoy Wrote:on the intake side...

I've not yet mentioned the exhaust side...  This has to do with a few possible options open to me.

As you can see, the exhaust side exhaust valve could be larger(original is 34mm).... the seat is even large enough to accommodate a bigger valve. 

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant]

A bigger valve is EASILY available, the Toyota 2/3TC engines use a nearly identical exhaust valve(length, stem, keeper groove) except the diameter is 36mm!

And if you look back to the castings, the exhaust port appears to be able to support a larger valve.....

So... that pretty much leads me to where I am right now...  Getting the flowbench prepared to run the hemi heads. 

The thought is to test the current valve and see if we are above/below a flow ratio of 65% of the intake flow is the exhaust flow.  Above 65%, leave it alone, run a 34mm valve, with a fresh valve job.  Below 65%, and have the valve seat machined to accept the 36mm valve.

To run the head, I need another one off tool....   a "new" valve actuator... a friend will need to weld that nut(plus another) to the metal bar

more to come........  Hurray!

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant - oldeskewltoy - 10-25-2019 10:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bought a Ae86 and super scared cause of rust can any one hel adamsaiyad 19 19,391 12-02-2009 02:29 AM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair
  Bought a Hachi today XLarge 27 30,996 09-08-2005 10:06 AM
Last Post: PetzK