I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant
08-14-2019, 01:20 AM
RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant
The gaskets have arrived, I'll be laying them up on the block and intake manifold in the next day or 2 to make sure it all lines up.  Still don't have timing cover, or water pump gaskets - I'll be concerned about that later if I need too.  

In the mean time I've been thinking about the ignition system since the shipping company busted the distributor, which may be(is likely) a blessing in disguise.

So my plan for the ignition is a crank sensor, and cam sensor.  

For the crank sensor, I'll take an existing crank sensor and mount it to the crank pulley, making sure to get it re-balanced. 

For the cam sensor.....

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant]

The plan is to use the existing pick up @ the very base of the distributor - remove all but one of the spokes, and then use that  spoke as the cam sensor.   The remaining cast housing will be machined away at the base/mounting flange, and a small cap placed over the pick up and single spoke to keep dirt, and debris out of the way.

This should allow me to run the ignition, and if I want sequential injection.  As of now, I'm thinking of running GM type wasted spark coils  so I can retain the hemi look with individual wires going to each plug. 

More to come..... 

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant - oldeskewltoy - 08-14-2019 01:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bought a Ae86 and super scared cause of rust can any one hel adamsaiyad 19 19,386 12-02-2009 02:29 AM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair
  Bought a Hachi today XLarge 27 30,989 09-08-2005 10:06 AM
Last Post: PetzK