oz 86 my toy my way :)
03-11-2009, 11:07 AM
yeah she is a rad pooch Smile mix of full blood blue and full blood red heeler.

my other dog is a german short haired poiunter... fucking nuts@! and always hunting Smile

clutch kick, switch, tree .... oowwww
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2009, 01:18 AM
nice

Rising Sun T
04-11-2009, 08:30 AM
so what, i hear u adoring peoples ask, have i been up to?

well, went for a drift day, had an awsome time, learnt a heap, not the least of which is i need hp to cover the fact im a crap stearer Smile

got to thinking, thinking led to dreaming, dreaming led to planning.

EOI sale became thereal deal, and in an afternoon or two went from

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - oz 86 my toy my way :)]

to this

to this Smile

So the engine and comp have been sold and the gearbox will be sold soon. The plans had thus far revolved around two engine choices. One the vq35 :lol: i know a dirty nissan, but a great engine and huge fun in the 86, well i was convinced it would be anyway. The other was a much more reasonable choice... beams.

Well it looks like beams has been the winner, mainly as common sense reared its ugly head. This is going to be my first engine conversion and im doing pretty much all of it myself. The vq35 will be something to keep in the back of my mind, but required soooo much cutting blah blah, and this is a street car first and formost.

so deposit has been put down on this...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...3DWatching

This includes engine, 6speed box, all wiring and comp, acc pumps and motors blah blah.

The plan so far is to stitch weld the bay, clean the horrendous remains of the body loom up, remove the battery, paint, fit bigger bmc, weld in strut supports, make engine mounts, make gearbox mount.

Ill be helped by my able sex monkey on all the fab stuff, well he will be drinking and showing me how to make it. Ill also be attempting t wire in my first ecu Smile But i have devised a cunning plan!!!!!

As most would know, these dont fit sooo good with the massive inlet plenum attached. The easiest solution is to remove the brake booster.

OR

quads. Not usually the easiest option, but the method to my madness is this, i have found a good well designed adaptor from a well known beams tuner, and old mate slutty has some blacktop quads for me as well. I plan on running a adaptronic as the motec sold with the 20v. Why? well the motec cant run the infinatley adjustable cams, the adap can. Well my motec cant, i know there are ones that can Smile Adaps have been used many many times to run quads on 4a's in the past, so besides some wizardry needed, it should be a great package.

Also have on the way a exedy light one peice flywheel and hyper single clutch. Saves about 10kg aparently. Revs a whole bunch easier, though makes hill starts tricky. shouldnt be a huge problem as the 86 is a LOT lighter than the altezza.

Also plan on running the tft screen quages from adap to replace my dash cluster. The 6 speeed is an electronic speed sendsor, so that should make the speedo a easier option than trying to feck about with getting the altezza dash in and running.

Need to get a custom tailshaft made, hopefully just the first section?

Outside that im hoping my tseries with trd 2way holds together, one of the reasons i went with a mild na upgrade instead of a balls out turbo build.

Also have my modified knuckles on...

and this is what they start out as ...

they drop the stearing ball joint about 2 inchs and should stop the binding that the s13 gets on full lock, also induces a small increase in lock, moreso if you use a tubular lca Smile

So currently im waiting on th new owner to get his shit sorted and pick the engine up so i have room to start my stupid plan Smile all loves jay rod!!

thanks for reading guys, and advice, suggestions please throw them at me, im surely going to make fuckups and the more i learn thebetter this will be Smile

also a pic of what she looked like the day i started pulling her apart ... Smile

soooo loving her right now Smile

04-11-2009, 10:41 AM
White ADMs with rattle can front guards are so in fashion at the minute, you have good taste.
Must call around to you there asap.

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
04-11-2009, 01:29 PM
yeah boi!!!!!!!!! the difference is

i make this shit look good! Smile yer come get ur shit mate Smile at this rate the rotors will need another machine Smile

04-19-2009, 04:38 AM
so question for all you peoples Smile

any one know what sort of modifications are needed to run a beams header set in an 86? obviously with a new beams engine Smile but yeah the engine has no exhaust manifold, so do i need custom or can i get some fancy of the shelf stuff?

current setup is running on hopes and dreams Smile

04-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Im working nights all this week, you around any afternoon? Where you at anyway?

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
04-19-2009, 07:23 AM
sunnybank old mate..... i dont work mondays, so drop round... or this arv if your keen old mate?

ill pm u my number, dont think i gave it to you Smile

04-27-2009, 11:48 AM
hey guys, thought i woul throw a little info up there Smile

so the last engine fell through Sad sucked are, but never mind, ended up getting over it Smile and picked up my new one this weekend...

into the back of the ute and off home Smile

second trick was how to get it out of the ute by my self ....

hooraa! these things are rad!

mm floating edition...

then onto my next purchase... yeah i didnt think this through very well..

engine stand. I dont know what i was thinking but i had planned on just sitting it on the ground i think... Blush

pulling useless shit off....

ie this entire side... Smile

and manifold off.... room for quads Smile

General check over, i dont really know what im looking at, but the engine seems clean. inside the sump is clean as, no gunk, no crud... from the top same deal, everything is VERY shiny and clean.

factory ports look pretty good too Smile

And then it started going down hill.

not too bad, but i managed to snap the ball head off of a allenkey in one of the sump bolts. Sad its now stuck... Crying sooo not sure how im going to move foraward on that one.

As this engine didnt come with a gearbox, im goin to have to do some mixing and matching.

the plan so far appears to be 2s bellhousing, w58 gearbox and custom tail.

The clutch will be a jun or trd lightweight flywheel, and probably excedy hyper single clutch, not looking forwadr to the bill... though its cheaper than a full trd setup i have seen going for like $2g aus at a VERY special price lol.

also not sure on exhaust manifold. This engine didnt come with the factory manifold which i had planned to use as its meant to be an okay bit of gear. So im waiting for someone to say yay or nay to wheather the altezza exhaust, am or oem would fit the ae86. hen it will most like be toda 421 manifold or custom 421 based on a pic of glens set up...

id love to do a blatant copy, but might have to do some questimation. Y are these soo good? this is the guy punching about 200rear wheel kw NA out of his beams. Cool

also got some other goodies sorted...

custom drilled 280 x 30 rotors.

custom brake lines for the z32 calipers Smile

the biggest sanga EVER!!! Tongue

so the list stands at...

2s bell housing
appropriate starter motor... will try the one from my 20v first.
flywheel - jun
clutch - excedy hyper single
adaptronic, loom and vidiguage attach
blacktop quad throttle setup
adaptor beams to quads

question... the beams run a returnless fuel rail. Im ok with that Smile just need to check my understanding.i just need to put a relief valve from after the pump to return to the surge tank set at 62psi. How would this be setup you think?? where would i track something like this down?

08-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Dude, love your thread, how are things standing atm?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Krullibulls Ae86 BEAMS is the only way krullibull 86 81,223 05-07-2019 09:35 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Project: My new trackday toy (56k beware!) Morten 88 75,097 02-25-2010 01:44 PM
Last Post: Morten
  Kida AE86 project finally under way [20V pwrd] domi 8 7,801 04-20-2007 12:46 AM
Last Post: domi
  Peter's Lambo Trueno 56K NO WAY! tomstwincam 12 13,541 02-03-2007 05:40 PM
Last Post: TRUENO><ONEURT
  Cleaning up rimms the cheap way Mux213 10 9,688 03-03-2006 09:46 AM
Last Post: jamiemirror