Engine prices
10-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Engine prices
@Denmark: Exactly! The prices being asked here in Holland and the rest of Europe have at least a 50% markup...thats not doing buisiness, thats robbery!

I'll have to inform for some prices for shipping here and there to see exactly what options I have. There is no reason why a silvertop should not be 500E delivered to my doorstep. Maybe some other dutch guys would be interested in putting something together? All the other importers seem to be keen on shafting us.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
10-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Engine prices
How does it looks with customs/taxes?

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Engine prices
nohachi,

You might be forgetting that anyone here in holland who actually imports engines as a business so they can sell them on to you, probably makes less money out of it then bakelende and fishy do..

Say you buy and engine in Japan for 150 euros, you ship it to NL for, say 400 euros, you've paid 550 euro's for the engine. K'ching.

There comes the state, they already want 10% import tax, add 50 euros, engine now costs 600 euro's.
Now you want to make some profit, say 200 euro's profit is nice, engine now costs 800 euros's, k'ching, but don't forget, that's 200 euro profit, so pay 30% to 40% income tax over that, state gets, say 75 euro's out of that money (you only get 125).
Now add 19% sales tax over 800 euro's, just under 200 euros's, k'ching total value of the 150 euro engine is now, tada 1000 euros!

I've made 125 euro's selling you that engine, you've paid 1000 euros, the dutch state has made 50 + 75 + 200 = 300 euro's!! YEAH for Balkenende and Zalm!! WHEEEEEEEH!!!!

This country sucks!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Engine prices
owh and if you deside to import the engine yourself, the only thing you save on is the 200 euro's profit... but offcourse if I was really into importing engine's I wouldn't import 1 engine, I would import 10 engines and safe a bundle on shipping costs, so in the end, I would still be able to sell you the engine cheaper then you could import it into holland, even if it cost you 800 to 900 euros. Its the fact that you have to pay so much shipping and tax that make the engines so freaking expensive most of the time.

(allthough there are plenty of guys out there that don't try to make 200 euro profit, but 500 euro profit, can't really blame them because it takes alot of effort and they are taking awhole lot of risk importing these engines and keeping them stored and most of the peeps won't go through the trouble trying to import and engine themselves)

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Engine prices
I dunno Mux..might be the case...
When I do the math I get:
Silvertop engine: 80-90E
Shipping single engine:230E
Total1=310-320E
Import-tax(30%)=103-107E
Total2=413-427E

Whatever the reason for the 1000E price, thats over 573-587E saved If I import myself...Reckon i could have the engine at customers for 600E total inc. profit and all necessary taxes, just have to work with a different structure.

That could probably drop lower if we get a deal on shipping..a sea container should be around 1000E, so anything more then 4 engines and prices start to drop..10 engines should be around (900+1000)*1.33=~1450 euro or 145E per engine. No fucking way can you convince me that one of these has to end up costing 1000E.

I'll get back with you Benelux people on this one..

10-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Engine prices
I can tell you that a 20 feet container shipped from KL, to Aarhus,Denmark was 2300US$,and in Denmark,it´s 4,2procent tax and then 25procent tax ontop of the hole amount,
But remember there is only one person that tell the state what that amount is Evil
But this can make it alot cheaper...

I do understand why the people that import this for a living, want to make som money,and it´s a real pain to deal with people,atleast in malaysia,It´s just "they don´t ride the day they sadle",
If you know what i mean,
When i was planing to get engines home,i was sure that it could be done in 3 month,but it will take you alot longer to can a full container packed and shipped,If your not there to superwise.

The shipping time to DK,is just around 2 month,that´s just shipping.

/Skassa

Any fool can go fast in a straight line.
VEMS Blacktop 4AGTE20V 272hp/350nm
"""www.turbotoys.dk"""
10-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Engine prices
Skassa, you have pm.

10-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Engine prices
If you want to import engine in Bulgaria, you should pay customs equal to case when you import entire car.
Crying
10-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Engine prices
I hope Im wrong, but I think, when you import not EU car to Germany, you pay high taxes + VAT as well.

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
10-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Engine prices
Its not an entire car..just the engine.
I'll look into the possibilities for myself and Ivan first..if everything turns out ok, others can use the lessons learned and arrange something for themselves along tha same channels.
Maybe...if we can get enough people together I can have a container shipped, but to be honest..AE86 people haven't exactly proven to be the type to spend much money..minus a few exceptions.
Jamie..you could pass your tax laws by having the engine installed abroad..or just smuggling it into your country in the trunk..If we do decide to get a container, maybe I can get an installation thing going as well..But again..the price would be higher still, so I think the market would be non-existant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prices on new body parts. olithor 1 3,375 10-31-2013 11:31 PM
Last Post: olithor
  Guide Prices - AE86 Body Parts Conrad 7 7,961 04-04-2008 02:58 PM
Last Post: JonnyAE86
  RHD Prices Eircamae86 2 3,849 04-13-2006 12:26 PM
Last Post: Mux213