Event: Toyota at Pomeroy 2019
01-26-2019, 10:57 PM
I received an email from Andrew Biddle, editor at DMS Media, that there will be an exclusive meeting organized by Toyota on the 16th of February at the annual Pomeroy Trophy:
Quote:Toyota GB is teaming up with the Vintage Sports-Car Club (VSCC) to host an exclusive Toyota event in parallel with VSCC’s annual Pomeroy Trophy - known affectionately as ‘The Pom’.

It’ll take place at Silverstone on Saturday 16th February 2019, and we’d like you to bring your Toyota along.

Full details of the event can be found at the Toyota blog. In a nutshell, we’re trying to find the UK’s best Toyota using the same format and judging criteria as ‘The Pom’ itself. The only entry requirement is that all cars are road-legal, but after that cars of all ages and types can take part in a series of autotest-style challenges that will be assessed by the same judges officiating at The Pom itself.

The invitation isn’t limited to specific Toyota models or by vehicle age - in fact, we’d love to see the same breadth and variety of vehicles present as seen each year in ‘The Pom’ itself. With such an enthusiastic community of Toyota owners and clubs in the UK, we’re confident you can help to make it a memorable day.

Entry costs just £30 and can be submitted via the VSCC website, and proceeds will go to Toyota’s chosen charity, Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Sounds like a great event to go to! Unfortunately my hachi isn't allowed to drive by the Dutch government during the winter months. Crying

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Event: Toyota at Pomeroy 2019]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2019, 03:30 PM
A quick bump to remind everyone that the Parallel Pomeroy Trophy is fast approaching and anyone with a road-legal Toyota can enter. Full details of the event are here: https://blog.toyota.co.uk/exclusive-silv...ota-owners

Entry is free for spectators, so if you didn't want to enter the contest itself, but fancy a day out (a mini-meet perhaps?) to come along to support a friend or just have a look at the cars that are involved, then please feel free to join us!

We know how passionate you are about your Toyotas, so it would be great to have a good representation from the community - please share the invite with your friends and fellow Toyota enthusiasts.

Any questions, either send me a PM or email them to [email protected] and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can!
Find all posts by this user