what is there to do in bulgaria
06-18-2005, 11:52 AM
i might be going to bulgaria on business and was wondering what fun can be had. not sure of what city yet. i dont mind drifting some 86's, but i want to see the country. thanks

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - what is there to do in bulgaria]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2005, 09:09 PM
You can browse some cities here. There are filters for items shown on maps. The main problem - all is in Bulgarian. Try and if I can help with some translation - just drop me a letter or write here :-)
http://www.bgmaps.com

There is food guide in English (I'm not sure - maybe only for Sofia - the capital):
http://bgmenu.com/default.aspx

And some news and a lot of different information - in English:
http://novini.dir.bg/news/en_index.php

PS: Are you member of team Hinga ????? Respect!
06-19-2005, 03:30 PM
hey jamiemirror, thanks for the info...if i have any questions i will let you know.

yea, i am a hinga. one of the original members.

06-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Nice to meet you, if you choose the capital (Sofia) - I can help you a little with some translation/guide.
08-10-2005, 11:21 PM
plovdiv is where i will visit. i do want to know what kind of connection you use on your tv for a xbox. if the tv does not have rca jacks that is.

08-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Game maniac :-)
You will find mostly "euro SCART" connectors - AFAIK there are SCART-to-RCAs adapters for sale (standart items) in most electronic stores. Also maybe the TV will have RCA jacks - not so rare option (the older ones - before SCART models).

Be prepared for 35+ C hot wheather, but sometimes will rain. Unfortunately - I cannot remember any AE86 owner in that city :-(
08-11-2005, 04:23 PM
man i forgot how hot weather is. i am going to die there. it is only like 15-20 degC here. so i take it that the majority of the populace does not speak english. will there be a big language barrier?

08-12-2005, 08:22 AM
About language barrier - this is not so big problem here :-)
If you choose good hotel/bar/pizza/restaurant - expect the English-speaking staff too. Most young people will speak English acceptable.
About the climate - just enjoy the summer here :-) Get an ice cream, drink fresh beer (there are breweries in Plovdiv). I recommend you all the grilled food (mostly unobtainable outside Bulgaria/Serbia/Turkey area), fresh fruits and vegetable salads - Plovdiv is agricultural region also. It will be waste of time just sitting in hotel room - I think :-)
08-12-2005, 05:27 PM
i am sure i will see a lot of the city. i will be there for about 3 weeks. so some nights i need to stay in and count beans. lol. thanks for all the info so far. Smile

08-28-2005, 09:39 PM
jamiemirror- well i am having a blast here in plovdiv. lot of grilled food. a lot of variety of all foods, really. and cheap. everything is cheap. seen a lot of the city, but i will go to old town and the big statue in a couple of days. thanks for the info.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JapFest Bulgaria 2017 FanIsHere 0 4,560 07-11-2017 08:15 AM
Last Post: FanIsHere
  AE86's in Bulgaria punkara 20 28,619 02-11-2006 07:27 AM
Last Post: punkara