what happened here?
01-27-2008, 05:06 PM
what happened here?
Take a look at this video. Civic type-R flips over in a corner (nurburrng?) I dont get it how the car could flip over like that?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0tZlCx9VYkI&feature=related
Find all posts by this user
01-27-2008, 06:10 PM
what happened here?
Hey Apolan,

Looks like something like lift oversteer. The fact that the car is sliding sideways and suddenly flips isn't all that strange. With us drifting all the time we never really think about this risk but these guys run on pretty sticky tires and if the tires suddenly stick and won't slide sideways there is only one direction that energy can go into...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
01-27-2008, 07:40 PM
what happened here?
yea, i'm guessing its a combination of things, like very high speed, sticky tires, and an uphill slope.. still strange to see a racecar flip over like that..
01-28-2008, 05:05 AM
what happened here?
i agree! lift off over steer and a bad line cutting on the inner kerb. or something like that!
S**t happens lol poor honda Tongue Wave

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - what happened here?]
less traction..more action
01-28-2008, 06:54 AM
what happened here?
The VLN are the endurance races held on the combo Nordschliefe/F1 Nurburgring circuits, so you got the right place.

That part of the circuit has very little in the way of funny cambers etc to cause that, in fact the Ring Taxi (M5) usually uses those two as big show-off drifting corners. As said above it basically just looks like the back came out and as it gripped it lifted and went over, possibly not helped by the angle the tires were facing as it went due to the opposite lock that was applied.

Go here:- Clicky For some of the best Ring laps including the full F1/Nordschliefe combo you'll see. It will ask for an email then you get a download link in the email. Wonderful site. Smile

P.S. My friend started racing in the VLN this year in an S2000. Smile

English dude in NZ. Photographer. Noob. Tall.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-28-2008, 10:11 AM
what happened here?
That is some bad stuff, at least for the civic.

I think it might have something to do with the curbs he got on.

Anyway the Nordschleife has all kind of dangerous parts and you always have to respect that. If you look at how the civic was trashing down the corner before that he was quite fast already.

VLN can be quite some fun I guess. We are considering it for 09, depending on how business in 08 goes.

Speed Industries
Hurdnerwaeldlistr. 73
8808 Pfaeffikon
Switzerland
e-mail: [email protected]
phone: +4155 420 15 69
page: http://www.speed-industries.ch
MSN: [email protected]

We have all the parts your Hachi needs
01-28-2008, 10:39 AM
what happened here?
VLN would be huge fun. I was lucky enough to be taken round there by this friend of mine in his 964 RS at battle pace, probably one of the most religious experiences of my life. Few things could be better, but doing it yourself would probably do it. Smile

English dude in NZ. Photographer. Noob. Tall.
01-28-2008, 10:19 PM
what happened here?
Fast corner, not a lot of weight on the inner tires and a fairly high curb on the inside..This happens to lots and lots of FWD cars there..

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
01-29-2008, 02:11 AM
what happened here?
but it doesnt seem that car rode the curb Dumb question
01-29-2008, 08:36 AM
what happened here?
Look carefully, the rear steps out of line and the front right as a result hits the curb and gets launched.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post your favorite ae86 pics here for inspiration BastianAE86 366 405,304 Yesterday 03:44 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Loads of 86 pictures in here Conrad 2 4,363 05-22-2008 10:18 PM
Last Post: banpei
  AE86, colour variations. VOTE HERE... nmwisima 13 12,178 01-03-2005 10:19 PM
Last Post: robokill
  Some of my friends here in Greece(ATTENTION:MANY PICS) nmwisima 10 9,921 12-30-2004 03:48 AM
Last Post: KristianAE86