what bucket seat for AE86 ?
07-21-2013, 08:02 PM
^Hard to say. The Buddy Club base looks like it places the seat roughly 2-3 cm higher than the Nams base after comparing the location of the seat mount points. I'm assuming they did that for extra clearance since the slider mechanism is mounted between the base mounts below the seat, and to accommodate wider seats. Considering this you may be able to further lower the seat within the base's adjustment range.

I should clarify that I was able to get the Pole Position seat mounted without any mods initially, but it sat just as high as the stock seat, if not higher than stock. (I wanted to the seat much lower than stock since I'm 191 cm tall.) Plus there was binding in the setup because the seat was physically wider than the space between the seat side mounts on the Nams base.

Anybody who is considering a Nams base/rail or similar (there's a bunch) needs to keep in mind that it will only accommodate a seat that's 39.5 cm or narrower at the base without modification. I found out the hard way since I purchased used parts and didn't do enough research.
Find all posts by this user
10-05-2021, 08:36 AM
Sorry for undusting this topic, but i'm having the same problem as Deuce Cam. I'm 1.90/82-ish kg. I fit perfectly in the Recaro PP/SPG that I have bought.
I won't be using any sliders as i'm the only one driving it.
Can anybody show what adjustments they made on the rails to fit a wider seat to get as low as possible? Without makes changes to the chassis?

I have a red East Bear Sigma as well, 37cm wide at the base, but my ass doesn't fit in it unfortunately, so if anybody would be interested, let me know.
10-20-2021, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2021 09:24 AM by r.ave.)
Found and fitted my solution yesterday.
Bought a Nisuba seat rail from Driftworks last Friday an fitted it yesterday.
With only a small touch of the grinder on the sidemount I got a Recaro Pole Position fitted.

It's perhaps only 1-2 cm lower compared to the standard seats, but i'm happy with the result as it will hold me way better.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - what bucket seat for AE86 ?]