what bucket seat for AE86 ?
05-29-2012, 02:18 AM
It is in and it fits perfectly.
Nice releif, really thought it will be a lot harder.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - what bucket seat for AE86 ?]
photo by uzelac, on Flickr

Only thing left is to check if door will close Smile
Find all posts by this user
07-26-2012, 10:08 AM
I run Sabelt seats, mounted behind the cross beam... its as low as possible without cutting the floor pan, really I wish I had cut the floor pan now!
05-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Does anyone tried or even heard about pucket seat named bimarco futura ?
Spotted it on EBay, quite reasonable prized, and not so expencive shipping from europe either. Confused
07-15-2013, 03:55 AM
Those Lotus seats are beautiful but, seem to hard to find though.

Has anyone used a Kirkey racing seat?
07-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Komba Wrote:Does anyone tried or even heard about pucket seat named bimarco futura ?
Spotted it on EBay, quite reasonable prized, and not so expencive shipping from europe either. Confused

I use a futura in my ae86. Mainly because of two things, 1. cheap and FIA cert. (only 1999 spec tho) 2. About the only seat that I have found that I can sit properly in (long back). A nice seat for a trackday/daily but for racing I would look elsewhere.
07-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the info.
Was curious about the fitment etc. My hachi is going to be a daily driven smile-riser and for track-day fun, when I have it finished some day, so I think that the bimarco suites great to my purposes Thumbs up!

Drive fast, or crash when trying...
07-16-2013, 02:57 AM
If you mean fitment in the car, I'm using a rather modified set of DW "low" mount rails and that sits the seat so that the shoulder extensions of the seat is ~5mm too wide for the stock door panel but it still fits.
07-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Ok, thanks.

Drive fast, or crash when trying...
07-19-2013, 07:09 PM
I have Recaro Profi aka SPG currently and it fits low with nams base rails. I used to have Recaro Pole position - nice seat but it was a pita to fit since it was wide (43 cm) at the base.

To get a seat low without any modification one needs a side mount bucket seat that's narrow at the base (ideally 39 cm or narrower). Anything wider may require mods to off-the-shelf aftermarket seat base/rails or custom to bolt in.

Only the narrowest seats will fit between the rear floor mounts. The front floor cross base (part that houses front seat floor mounts) and hump on the floor behind the cross brace also become a problem.

To get max low one needs to do exactly what Uzelac did in the pic above. Remove floor hump/inner rear floor mount, the rear outer floor mount, and move the seat completely behind the floor cross brace. Unfortunately this will likely require other mods to the steering, shift lever and pedals so they reach the driver since the seat is moved so far back. Also, if one did this it would be best to locate the seat before mounting a roll cage. The main hoop for the cage will need to be further back since the seat is now so far back.
07-21-2013, 12:59 AM
I have recaro pole position with buddy club rails. Maybe I'll run in the same problem if trying to lower it a bit, really don't think so.

I'm 1,73 tall and weight 73kg. Fit perfect.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - what bucket seat for AE86 ?]