want to drift ? - Welcome
10-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Cool Mux...

Well... welcome to the newest forum at AEU.org/TRUENO.org

here we will do our best to help you guy´s/girl´s out that want to learn more about drifting.

We´ll give you our best tips on set-up´s & how-to´s
------------------------------------------------------------

As a first post...

I´d really like to point out that drifting is NOT powersliding through a single corner with you car.

Drifting is a SPORT - base on a few rules that say...

take you car sideways through a series of corners...
sideways even on the straights.

Drifting is like FIGURESKATING with a car.

Katsuhiro UEO (japanese -03 D1 Champion) - says - I don´t need POWER - I drive on balance

Best regards/
....................Kristian

Founder, organizer & driver..... of

Swedish Drift Team 2004

I drive an 125 hp AE86 Levin with 860kgs. rollcage, full safety-stuff, raceseats, 4/6-point harness, plastic windows & more.

here is my thread... http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic.php?t=69
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i´m just waiting for Will to add something Cool

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Finally

now lets also point out this.

You will not learn howto control the car without basic practice which you should do on a LARGE spot with no poles or anything you could hit.

First try it on wet surfaces so that you will not stress anything, keep in mind that a good LSD will let you slide your car with around 4-5k rpm.

If you are able to set the line for a corner you could try it with pilons. The basics are simple as alot of people will try to learn drifting without an LSD the AE86 as sold in europe has an LSD which makes it important that you will need to change the learning state.

Very needed

- Change the suspension

Nice to have

- Bucket seats

Get to learn you car while it breaks its rear grip and learn how to steer and use the gas before going into anything. You will first learn how to steer before you will ever be able to drift caus else you only lose grip in the corner and end up of track.

Drifting is not easy to learn and the feeling should come naturally or you will develop an feeling for it if not stop it you not the person to drift :-)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2004, 11:30 PM
I'd just say to make sure that the car shell is solid and safe with any rust in load-bearing areas are fixed. New bushings (OE or PU) and fresh shocks are worthwhile too. A lot depends on the conditions eg wet or dry, but wet is by far the easiest condition to learn in as everything is so much slower and smoother.

A stock AE86 is a great car to learn in - no need for uprated suspension or a bucket seat when beginning in my opinion.

Easiest way to start is learning how to control a slide is smoothly provoking the tail to slide under throttle in the wet, and adding counter-steer and feathering of the throttle to control the slide SMOOTHLY.

You should also try and get the theory of weight shifting into your head and how braking, steering and throttle inputs affect what the car will do.

You could sit and type for ages, but the only way to learn is to know the theory behind it and apply that with practice to get a feel for what the car is doing and what different inputs (of steering, throttle, footbrake and e-brake) will do to the car's handling.
10-14-2004, 02:05 AM
Another tip on learning to drift:
Get yourself a copy of Drift Bible. Can be found on ebay amongst other places, THE movie for you if you wanna learn to drift.

Best Regards,

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - want to drift ? - Welcome]
11-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Nah drift bible isn't based on stock AE86 by the way most peepz driving an AE86 had the experience on a slippery road meaning the car lost its traction using full LSD which is totally difrent from any type of tail slide without LSD

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
11-08-2004, 12:33 PM
The most important thing for beginners is just going out there and slide the car. This way you'll get used to the feeling of a sliding car and still be able to focus and not have a black-out.
11-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Drift requires a lot of practice. The more you drift, the better you are.
Once you get used to it, there is not that much difference if i swich the cars. AE86, S13, RX-8, bimmer, really doesn't matter to me any more.

Improving car helps the quality of drift.

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I want one totta Crolla 3 8,279 06-23-2014 10:27 PM
Last Post: driftmaniacae86
  Drift track day by go-drift mrgud 11 11,105 08-13-2007 12:28 PM
Last Post: Apolan
  Drift Day 1 DRIFT UNIT - Pictures and Videos - Lots of AE86 JonnyAE86 4 7,483 07-21-2007 09:09 PM
Last Post: banpei
  rotorstock drift championship - tripple drift H7ERO 10 10,267 06-23-2005 08:21 AM
Last Post: Ian.G