upgrading brake system
05-10-2012, 09:55 PM
upgrading brake system
aussiefan Wrote:RX7 FC or FD - the calipers are almost the same, just some optical differences.

This setup will fit under 15" wheels and under some 14" wheels, depending on wheel design and offset.

you can find a few pictures in my thread
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/sharing-k...er/t/12560

Hi, there is a difference between FC and FD. FD are from Aluminum and are much much lighter!

hi have done the conversion.
i recommend it a lot.

you need:
- Mazda FD3S 4 pot calipers - should track them on UK Ebay for about 90-120GBP) - depends on condition,
- good brake pads, mintex High Performance, Ferodo DS, Tarox, hawk HPS - you name it..
- good steel braided brake lines - i have HEL, you can buy also Goodridge,
- good high temp = high performance braking fluid (RBF 660),
- caliper mounting adaptors - you can buy them on ebay from USA (about 150usd+shipment+taxes...they come in aero-grade billet aluminum, very strong and very light with bolts 10.9 grade to mount them - should work plug and play) or you can dig the 4age forum for a CNC Machine Drawing file and try to make them in a local CNC Shop, but i assume they will not be much cheaper to do a single pair.

- new Mini Cooper S Rotors (272mm) - need to be redrilled at a workshop to fit, i recommend the ATE POWERDISCS (sloted) - good price for the performance, but you can also go for Tarox Sport Japan or DBS from Austraila if you have the money...$$
- bigger = more efficient braking Servo!! try important, you will not have enough braking power for the 4 pot calipers if you don't have a bigger braking servo!! a servo from a NISSAN 200SX s13 will do the job!

thats it, thats All.

YO!
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2012, 09:58 PM
upgrading brake system
you can also just buy the WILLWOOD 4 pot complete set from t3 - http://www.technotoytuning.com - this is a very good and brand new set....in a "good" price for the performance.

YO!
05-11-2012, 12:15 PM
upgrading brake system
sadziak

Thanks a lot for the info. Thumbs up!
I will do the calculation then will choose.

Guys what about the rear brakes I have drams and I need to change them.
05-11-2012, 12:35 PM
upgrading brake system
I Heard about converting The rears to Nissan primera discs with VW golf mk4 calipers, you just Need o to mount The caliper/bracket The other way round. Have to digg on this also. But if you will buy normal rear calipers and disc and add Only braided lines IT will do The job. Check out mcnsport ireland for calipers..

YO!
05-13-2012, 12:47 AM
upgrading brake system
HI sadziak

I calculated every things and its almost 800$ with out drilling the Rotors and the T3 850$ with out the pads .

What is your suggestion ?
05-13-2012, 01:37 AM
upgrading brake system
have you compared The prices In Australian dollars?Wink

Remember that you have to pay for The shipment and probably some import customs Taxes etc.

Remember that buying seperatly you will get a set Of braided lines for all 4 Wheels, not just The front, check with T3 The prices of pads for the willwood calipers and The cost Of discs (After wearing out The ones from The set.

Do what you feel, both ways will work.

YO!
05-13-2012, 11:11 AM
upgrading brake system
sadziak Wrote:
aussiefan Wrote:RX7 FC or FD - the calipers are almost the same, just some optical differences.

This setup will fit under 15" wheels and under some 14" wheels, depending on wheel design and offset.

you can find a few pictures in my thread
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/sharing-k...er/t/12560

Hi, there is a difference between FC and FD. FD are from Aluminum and are much much lighter!

hi have done the conversion.
i recommend it a lot.

you need:
- Mazda FD3S 4 pot calipers - should track them on UK Ebay for about 90-120GBP) - depends on condition,
- good brake pads, mintex High Performance, Ferodo DS, Tarox, hawk HPS - you name it..
- good steel braided brake lines - i have HEL, you can buy also Goodridge,
- good high temp = high performance braking fluid (RBF 660),
- caliper mounting adaptors - you can buy them on ebay from USA (about 150usd+shipment+taxes...they come in aero-grade billet aluminum, very strong and very light with bolts 10.9 grade to mount them - should work plug and play) or you can dig the 4age forum for a CNC Machine Drawing file and try to make them in a local CNC Shop, but i assume they will not be much cheaper to do a single pair.

- new Mini Cooper S Rotors (272mm) - need to be redrilled at a workshop to fit, i recommend the ATE POWERDISCS (sloted) - good price for the performance, but you can also go for Tarox Sport Japan or DBS from Austraila if you have the money...$$
- bigger = more efficient braking Servo!! try important, you will not have enough braking power for the 4 pot calipers if you don't have a bigger braking servo!! a servo from a NISSAN 200SX s13 will do the job!

thats it, thats All.

FC calipers are made from aluminium also...

AE86 GT - SR20DET BlackTop //// Trackday beater
Citroen C4 Coupe VTR - 1.6HDi //// Streetcar
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2012, 11:26 AM
upgrading brake system
Sorry if yes, my Bad! Is everything i have written besided that correct?

Cheers from Warsaw, Poland

YO!
05-13-2012, 12:25 PM
upgrading brake system
sadziak Wrote:Sorry if yes, my Bad! Is everything i have written besided that correct?

Cheers from Warsaw, Poland

yup

AE86 GT - SR20DET BlackTop //// Trackday beater
Citroen C4 Coupe VTR - 1.6HDi //// Streetcar
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2012, 02:37 PM
upgrading brake system
Walaki - Could you say something about The rear conversion? Have you done it, what calipers, disc did you use etc?

YO!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stack display system, need help Jimmi The Kid 1 3,809 01-15-2017 10:52 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  How to rebuild the AE86's brake system all around Homem Bomba 7 12,662 07-02-2013 10:31 PM
Last Post: Homem Bomba
  Who has a Kakimoto R Exhaust system? Rick 4 7,233 06-19-2013 09:11 AM
Last Post: Mint_86
  Fuel system setup 86Pilot 2 4,433 01-30-2013 04:24 PM
Last Post: Bean
  How does the 4age AFM system work? heshan 22 21,912 12-20-2012 05:01 AM
Last Post: heshan