trueno head lights
08-28-2012, 03:16 AM
trueno head lights
Sorry for this most likely being a repost, but ive read nearly all the treads on this i can find and can seem to get my head around it.

basicly my headlights pop up and go down as you expect, but when i put them on hold they just keep moving

ive checked the relays and all is good, conections nice and clean..

if you have the lights on and turn the ignition off the lights stay up and the lamps turn off.

would really like to have them so they can stay up and off.

can some one maybe show me what wires to run a secondary switch for poping them up and down and still keep the wiring as it is??

car is a saudi import trueno gt, changed to RHD

much thanks

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - trueno head lights]
less traction..more action
Find all posts by this user
08-28-2012, 10:37 AM
trueno head lights
Hey mate,

I've recently converted successfully a Levin to a Trueno, with the exception of the relay that controls de ignition and lamps/elevators. That sux tbh.

So, in your case, and if that is a original trueno that relay is probably messing around...

Let's see, the original Truenos have 3 positions of lights.

Dim lights, Medium lights and elevators up with no lights.

That mess with the elevators is at the 3rd position?

Regards
08-28-2012, 01:10 PM
trueno head lights
Might be a deliberate 'feature' someone built in.. Looks funny as hell I must admit.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2012, 01:41 PM
trueno head lights
Thats deifinetely relay, that is under fron left wing, or somewhere in the front left side. Was stupid enough fot toyota to fit relay facing directly to the front wheel. Well at least it was like this in my jap import trueno.

Had the same problem, just like in your case when driving in the rain and getting relay wet. That was fine after replacing relay and putting it under the bonnet away from water.

Look super cool when driving with flashing lights though.. Big Grin
08-28-2012, 11:34 PM
trueno head lights
pack Wrote:Hey mate,

I've recently converted successfully a Levin to a Trueno, with the exception of the relay that controls de ignition and lamps/elevators. That sux tbh.

So, in your case, and if that is a original trueno that relay is probably messing around...

Let's see, the original Truenos have 3 positions of lights.

Dim lights, Medium lights and elevators up with no lights.
That mess with the elevators is at the 3rd position?

Regards

yes mate, the funny business is in the 3rd position.

the relay at the front is super clean inside and i cleaned the conections but its still happining.
there is an extra wire thats not standard, looks to be added in at some point, but its running between the motors, will check in the morning and see what colour it linked to.

the winking lamps is funny an all, but would much like to have them sitting still haha

08-29-2012, 12:34 AM
trueno head lights
between the motors there should be only 2 wires that come from the blue relay inside the dash. Blue and green (i guess). Then there are 2 other from the engines to the relay (the black one on the battery) and the 5th that goes to the ground.

So try to check if theres an extra relay somwhere between the motors! Thumbs up!
08-29-2012, 01:39 AM
trueno head lights
just been sitting here in work thinking about this.

the lights pop up and down with the switch no problem..so that would mean the retract control relay and retract relay are working ok.

so the problem may be with the retainer relay?? is that the blue or black one under the dash..? Banging head

08-29-2012, 10:41 AM
trueno head lights
Black.

The retractor relay and the retractor control relay are the blue under the dash, and the black near the battery!
09-26-2013, 03:05 AM
trueno head lights
i think im missing the blue relay. what i do have is the blue wires on the headlamp motor looms are joined, and go to the dash switch in one of the central pins.
and the 2 yellows from the motor looms are joined and go to the fuse box linked into the red/black wire on(i think the EFI plug under the fusebox.)
and the red/green wire from the black retractor relay go to one pin in what i think is the RTR 30a fuse in the fusebox..

hmmmm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you seperate trueno kouki bumper lights into zenki bumper lights? gh0st 17 6,060 12-19-2021 11:58 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  dash lights and park lights problems **Sigh** adamsaiyad 5 5,946 05-07-2010 01:21 PM
Last Post: adamsaiyad
  Front Lights/Fog Lights akmal86 5 7,497 04-02-2009 09:44 AM
Last Post: akmal86