the wait is over!
12-03-2014, 07:52 AM
the wait is over!
TRD diff is less aggressive compared to Kaaz and Cusco, although the later one can be setup relatively gentle.

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2014, 12:07 PM
the wait is over!
Hi, I had the opposite reaction at the Toyota dealer in Granollers. The man in the parts department was very helpful and wants me to take the car in to show them, if ever I get it back on the road.
Find all posts by this user
12-03-2014, 01:10 PM
the wait is over!
(12-01-2014 12:51 AM)pack Wrote:  Hey! Welcome to the forums! Our 86's are disappearing.... haha

Don't worry Pack, you have tons of 86's left, including some of the nicest ones I've ever seen! I wish my country had half of your sports car culture!

So, back to the LSD topic again, most 86 sold in Portugal came with an open diff from factory, right? So I'd be smart to think my hachi comes with one of those stockers open differentials (which is what I was assuming already).

Btw, when will be the 20v swap running on the streets? It must be awesome!

Thanks! Hurray!
[/quote]

Yes we have...... and we had more.... Too bad they were used to crash on the rallies.....
Most of our units came with open Diff. So your car has one of those, unless it was changed...... Wink

The 20v..... well..... 2015! I want the work to be done with lot's of care and attention..... So in 2015 the car should be ready Big Grin
12-03-2014, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 05:39 PM by headrush.)
the wait is over!
(12-03-2014 06:51 AM)harkes Wrote:  What an amazing example! Beautiful! Take very good care of it Smile

Thanks mate! She will be well looked after for sure Wink

(12-03-2014 07:52 AM)Bean Bandit Wrote:  TRD diff is less aggressive compared to Kaaz and Cusco, although the later one can be setup relatively gentle.

Thank you Bean! I think I'm starting to figure out which diff will suit my needs and tastes better! Thumbs up!

(12-03-2014 12:07 PM)Keith Wrote:  Hi, I had the opposite reaction at the Toyota dealer in Granollers. The man in the parts department was very helpful and wants me to take the car in to show them, if ever I get it back on the road.

Wow, that's a nice surprise Keith! The man who sold me the filters even compared my car to a Seat Malaga. Now that's a cruel act. Really! Hahaha.

(12-03-2014 01:10 PM)pack Wrote:  Yes we have...... and we had more.... Too bad they were used to crash on the rallies.....
Most of our units came with open Diff. So your car has one of those, unless it was changed...... Wink

The 20v..... well..... 2015! I want the work to be done with lot's of care and attention..... So in 2015 the car should be ready Big Grin

Thanks Pack, I'm sure mine didn't had the diff changed, in words of its previous owner, so it must be a open diff. Yeah, a friend told me about the AE86's being used in rallying and touring races in Portugal, so sad many of them ended up crashing Sad because of that we have to take well care of our 86's now! Wink

Cheers! Wave