steering or steeringwheel fail
01-10-2013, 08:52 PM
allencr Wrote:
lifebeginsat8000rpm Wrote:i lost steering on my ae86 en crasht is this a comen problem or failer beqaus i am bilding new wan end dont want i to happen again sorry for my english still pist of from the crash

No, this is not a common AE86 problem or common to any other car in the world.
It never happens without warning signs being ignored and is almost always caused by owner neglect & their poor mechanical sense & drive it till it don't drive no mo' attitude.

the car just past contol 7days before crash no comment on the papers car dit drive like new that what i dont understand next week i have the car back then i can look
Find all posts by this user
01-11-2013, 03:20 PM
I am the guy from the video.
Cause of my crash was loose bolt on steering wheel and using old steering wheel hub with worn splines + doing rally on gravel surface (a lot of vibrations).

Few years ago I had similar problem, but when you are driving on smooth surface you can feel the "slack" on steering wheel and tighten the nut.

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Manual Steering Rack ?? Power Steering Removal juantonwan 26 40,258 10-02-2014 06:07 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  My first MOT fail kungfumaster 21 14,488 07-27-2007 06:41 PM
Last Post: kungfumaster