steering or steeringwheel fail
01-07-2013, 10:12 PM
i lost steering on my ae86 en crasht is this a comen problem or failer beqaus i am bilding new wan end dont want i to happen again sorry for my english still pist of from the crash
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2013, 10:16 PM
I had to reread the sentence a couple of times

Do you know exactly what happend? Is your car the powersteering version?

ハチロク

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - steering or steeringwheel fail]
01-07-2013, 10:19 PM
zenki Wrote:I had to reread the sentence a couple of times

Do you know exactly what happend? Is your car the powersteering version?

no powersteering
i can turn the steeringwheel but my wheels do not turn en this whas before the crash this is why i crasht .....
the car is total loss i can not open de hood for looking

just like in this movie

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=ae86%20ra...C_RhHJM7-A
01-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Well there's a few things that could have happend and cause the steering failure. It's difficult to say without seeing the steeringrack.

ハチロク

01-07-2013, 10:33 PM
but like u can see i am not alone like the guy in the movie
my car is total loss the floor is again the pedals the fuse box is crackt on the floor is
01-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Well on my car the bolt (red circle) was loose when i bought it. I was lucky that i found out on time.

I wouldn't panic just yet. If there isn't too much structural damage the car can be saved.

ハチロク

01-07-2013, 10:45 PM
zenki Wrote:Well on my car the bolt (red circle) was loose when i bought it. I was lucky that i found out on time.

I wouldn't panic just yet. If there isn't too much structural damage the car can be saved.
chassis is bent en crackt shock tower is against de engine
i dont now to post picture off my stock 110km ae86 no rust nothing never gonne find such one
01-07-2013, 10:58 PM
The rally crash you posted was probably our croatian mod Zax. I believe his steering wheel bolt was loose or the splines where worn out for some reason.

Anyway, it is not a common failure, have only seen it happen to Zax in the past 10 years. The bolt indicated in the picture above is a very important one to tighten properly. Sadly, many people are not as good at working on their old cars as they wish or pretend to be, and it is possible someone did not do a good job on yours. Another possibility is a worn out balljoint went AWOL. I should know because I have about 1mm of play in one on my daily and the impact it has on the cars handling at speed scares the shit out of me. Problem developed quite fast, nothing was wrong at my last APK (MOT).Need to fix that ASAP before I end up in a ditch.

I could not live in peace with such an accident without finding out what caused the crash.
Sorry for your loss, but it doesnt hurt to remember that it's just a lump of steel you lost.. if no one got hurt, then you should consider yourself lucky.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Personally I think this thread should be locked until the op
has at least had the damage examined and a probable cause found.

It could be anything wrong.

I recently did a rally, caught a cone between
the front bumper and the front wheel and the result was no steering.
Not suggesting this happened to him but it proves my point.

An analogue brain in a digital World
01-10-2013, 11:59 AM
lifebeginsat8000rpm Wrote:i lost steering on my ae86 en crasht is this a comen problem or failer beqaus i am bilding new wan end dont want i to happen again sorry for my english still pist of from the crash

No, this is not a common AE86 problem or common to any other car in the world.
It never happens without warning signs being ignored and is almost always caused by owner neglect & their poor mechanical sense & drive it till it don't drive no mo' attitude.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Manual Steering Rack ?? Power Steering Removal juantonwan 26 40,260 10-02-2014 06:07 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  My first MOT fail kungfumaster 21 14,488 07-27-2007 06:41 PM
Last Post: kungfumaster