some mad lock angle he's got!
10-30-2006, 06:51 PM
PazzaAE86 Wrote:http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic.php?t=343...gic+tuning

I thank you.

Hey pazza, did you have any issues with the p/s knuckles, bv#2 kit going overangle on the steering knuckles?

Basically going past the point of 'no' return and locking the steering?

When I was last underneath my car I found with stock ctl arms, p/s knuckles and manual rack (no spacers) that my steering knuckle/outer tie rod almost comes into contact with the ctl arm. Any more angle and I'd have to drop the front end to so it'll swing over the control arm.

With the #2 kit, p/s knuckles & manual rack I'm wondering if it would swing so far over you wouldn't be able to get the wheel to return easily, getting the front stuck at super lock and spinning you out.

Andrew
Find all posts by this user
01-19-2007, 04:27 AM
i have a power steering car with BV#2, and the steering angle is just freacking unbelivable. I love to U turn where I wasn't able to before, or just parking.

Tongue

Pedro Velado
GT-S Owner

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - some mad lock angle he's got!]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-19-2007, 01:50 PM
What did we forgot here? bump and rebound- steer

SNO-MO-BIRU project started- CHIRO
01-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Alot of pros also 'notch' out their frame where the wheel hits it... and reweld a new piece to it about an inch further in... if you know what i'm saying?

"Sometimes giving up isn't the answer we're looking for, but its the only answer we have"
02-17-2007, 09:07 AM
assassin10000 Wrote:...I'd have to drop the front end to so it'll swing over the control arm.

With the #2 kit, p/s knuckles & manual rack I'm wondering if it would swing so far over you wouldn't be able to get the wheel to return easily, getting the front stuck at super lock and spinning you out.

Andrew

i know this is somewhat of an old thread but...what he said.

oh, and hey by-the-way fellow club4ag-er assassin10000. we've crossed paths at least once on the forums.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - some mad lock angle he's got!]
"Strictly All Things 86"
02-18-2007, 08:12 AM
dr.occa Wrote:
assassin10000 Wrote:...I'd have to drop the front end to so it'll swing over the control arm.

Andrew

oh, and hey by-the-way fellow club4ag-er assassin10000. we've crossed paths at least once on the forums.

We have, I'm all over the place at the moment Smile

In any case to help answer the question I posed. I did a little searching on another site pazza's a member of and found out his solution.

Adjustable extended lower control arms, low (0 or -XX negative) offset wheels and thin arm (stock size arm diameter) adjustable tension rods, and adjustable top mounts which allow you to widen the top pivot point as well. (actually, it's metioned above ^)

I don't believe we will have the same problem the s-13 chassis does, I don't believe with the way the ae86 suspension is articulated and the steering tie-rod triangulation (I can't remember the right term at the moment) that we won't have any issues with going over angle. And causing the tie rod & steering knuckle to go into a "lock"

I haven't done it yet, but I will be installing the #2 kit on my qsr/manial rack and power knuckles to see how it feels.

Andrew
02-18-2007, 08:20 AM
assassin10000 Wrote:I don't believe we will have the same problem the s-13 chassis does, I don't believe with the way the ae86 suspension is articulated and the steering tie-rod triangulation (I can't remember the right term at the moment) that we won't have any issues with going over angle. And causing the tie rod & steering knuckle to go into a "lock"

I believe one of the northwest locals had a problem with the AE86 reaching lock. He put on every do-dad that gave him extra angle and the end result was that he'd have to forcibly turn back the steering wheel. Since then he's been looking for manual knuckles to try to keep him just out of locking.

In fact here's the thread... Super nice guy, met up with him a few times in the past.
http://www.hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3129
02-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Chixican Wrote:
assassin10000 Wrote:I don't believe we will have the same problem the s-13 chassis does, I don't believe with the way the ae86 suspension is articulated and the steering tie-rod triangulation (I can't remember the right term at the moment) that we won't have any issues with going over angle. And causing the tie rod & steering knuckle to go into a "lock"

I believe one of the northwest locals had a problem with the AE86 reaching lock. He put on every do-dad that gave him extra angle and the end result was that he'd have to forcibly turn back the steering wheel. Since then he's been looking for manual knuckles to try to keep him just out of locking.

In fact here's the thread... Super nice guy, met up with him a few times in the past.
http://www.hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3129

Yeah, lucas tried it. I think his issue might have been more related to caster though.

Andrew
02-19-2007, 04:05 AM
assassin10000 Wrote:Yeah, lucas tried it. I think his issue might have been more related to caster though.

Andrew

Ahh, could be... I never found out if he figured out the source of his problem.
02-19-2007, 06:01 AM
assassin10000 Wrote:
dr.occa Wrote:

Andrew

We have, I'm all over the place at the moment Smile

In any case to help answer the question I posed. I did a little searching on another site pazza's a member of and found out his solution.

Adjustable extended lower control arms, low (0 or -XX negative) offset wheels and thin arm (stock size arm diameter) adjustable tension rods, and adjustable top mounts which allow you to widen the top pivot point as well. (actually, it's metioned above ^)

I don't believe we will have the same problem the s-13 chassis does, I don't believe with the way the ae86 suspension is articulated and the steering tie-rod triangulation (I can't remember the right term at the moment) that we won't have any issues with going over angle. And causing the tie rod & steering knuckle to go into a "lock"

I haven't done it yet, but I will be installing the #2 kit on my qsr/manial rack and power knuckles to see how it feels.

Andrew

i pm'ed pazza about it and then thought about it before going to bed and came to the conclusion about the LCA solution. I've already got the #2 kit installed and now looking into getting the LCA adj. kit from Battle Version as well. That should almost replicate going with PS knuckles by widening the front tract. does this make sense or am i off base here?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking of buying a better 86 am i mad ?? adamsaiyad 11 13,271 04-08-2014 11:06 PM
Last Post: adamsaiyad
  just got one! finally! electric mic 23 21,450 11-15-2013 09:34 PM
Last Post: YoShImUrA
  My Wife Got her First Car! Touge86 7 7,223 12-07-2009 02:05 AM
Last Post: Mux213
  pic request: extra lock with power steering knuckles aussiefan 1 3,267 07-26-2009 02:02 PM
Last Post: aussiefan
  wish did come true PICS!/ mods lock it please. jp86 11 9,396 11-24-2007 11:43 AM
Last Post: Mux213